A UNWELCOMING GUEST

Chapter Nineteen

After the night of his birthday, Raphael has been busy and I would rarely see him. It must sucking being the future emperor, one minute you're enjoying yourself, the next you get busy for the next few days without any sleep.

Amina was in the kitchen, "why don't you make a lunch basket and take it to your highness?" "Me?" I nodded happily. "A-alright, if you insist" she took out food to prepare. I smiled and walked away.

A few hours went by Amina left to go drop the basket of food off. I was in the library looking at letters, they were all unnecessary letters hat wouldn't help for nothing. Until stumbled into a letter.

An invitation to a tea party with noble ladies? Hm, that doesn't sound bad, but... they'll all have their boyfriend or husband or whatever, with them.

I doubt Raphael will attend with me.

I pouted.

Whatever, I'll just reply back since since she's an important noble. She might come in handy one day.

I wrote back and went to go drop it off. A carriage arrived before I could leave. A man came out of that same carriage, he was tall, he had black messy hair, and res deadly eyes like mine. He had a horrible aura around him. Shivers went up my spine automatically.

L-Louie... Helena's eldest brother.

"My little sister," he walked up and caressed my face "e-elder brother, what're you doing here?" I became nervous. "My little sister became the future empress" he had a sly smile on his face.

Hide your fear, So Hyun. You understand very much what he's capable after reading the novel

His gentle care was became aggressively as he pulled my hair and pull me closer.

"Good job in becoming the future empress" Louie grinned evilly "you're making big brother very happy" I was shaking. "Shouldn't you go visit mother and father, they'd be really happy to see that you've returned from abroad?" I smiled at him.

"Already trying to get rid of me?" "N-never," I shook my head, he started caressing my face gently again. "It's just that they just really miss you?" I tried getting rid of him as fast as I can. Louie grinned

Why is he smiling..? I have to get away from here!

"I-I should go now brother! I'm busy!" I got out of his grasp but he grabbed my wrist, he glared at me. "Where the hell do you think you're going?" My eyes widened, a even worse aura came out of no where.

Louie looked behind himself, "what're you doing holding Helena like that? She said she was busy, didn't she?" Raphael pulled me away from him "brother," Louie smiled at him.

"You must be Louie De Lavigne, the one whose always abroad for the Lavgine family" he bowed "yes, your highness. I've returned and came to see my little sister" Louie smiled innocently, Raphael looked down at me.

Hide your fear, hide your fear. If Raphael suspects something, Louie will surely abuse me until I die.

I looked at Raphael and smiled. "And, Helena invited me to stay the night" we both flinched "I... did" I smiled worriedly. "And we might go visit our parents together tomorrow, to catch up. Right, Helena?" I bit my lip.

"Uh, like I said, I'm busy so I don't know" I replied "ah, I hope you can make some time for your elder brother" he smiled, but I just knew behind that smile is a man waiting to get his hands on me.

A maid showed Louie to his room. "Did you like Amina's basket?" I asked "ah, it was something. But didn't get full, so I came here for diner. Amina stayed over there to organize my papers since she assisted."

Ah! Then he'll go back to find her sleeping and then boom, another adorable moment!

"How sweet of Amina" I smiled. "I might stay the night until I go back" "please don't over work yourself, your highness. The empire needs you at your best" I pointed out.

After dinner, we all headed to our bedrooms. There was a knock at my door, "you may come in" it was Raphael "I ran into Louie. I do think you should go back home, you haven't seen your family in awhile, and I'm sure they—" I cut him off.

"No!" I was shaking "what..?" "No. I-I can't go back!"

If I go back, and Louie finds out that I haven't made progress for the family, he will surely hit me.

"I can't go back, please don't send me back, Raphel!" I begged him, I went on my knees "H-Helena, what's with you!? Get up!" He tried pulling me up, my eyes were watery.

"Don't send me back! I have to stay here!" "Why!? They're your family!" "I... I just can't!"

I can't have Raphael know or it's likely for me to die even more by the hands of my family!

"Promise me you won't send me him! I'll visit them another time" I begged "it was just a suggestion, Helena!" Raphael yelled at me "I wasn't demanding it or anything" I was breathing heavily. Raphael helped me stand up.

"I wouldn't.. I wouldn't pressure you into anything that you don't wanna do, ever."

"W-what would you tell Louie?" "I don't need to tell him anything" Raphael started walking away "get some sleep," Raphael left the room. I locked the door just in case Louie came cause I knew I'm not safe sleeping under the same roof as him.

I climbed into bed, I was breathing heavily.

I'm so scared of dying now a days. I don't even know why I am. Maybe it's cause I have to find out if there's a possibility of going back to my world...

I started crying to myself.

I'm just so scared.

The next day came, Raphael and I went down stairs, "you ready to go, Helena?" Louie asked "She isn't going" Raphael spoke up "eh, why not?" Louie looked at me, I tried to keep eye contact.

"I need her here, she needs to help me with some things. Have a good trip" Louie hugged me "you bitch" he whispered into my ear, my eyes widened.

"I'm going to fuck you up" he released me and smiled "I hope I see you again soon, my little sister" he went in the carriage and left.

I looked at Raphael, he glanced at me and walked away.

He must've been shocked last night, I literally threw myself and begged not to go. Probably caught him off guard.

God I hate that Louie guy. Probably hated him even more than I did for Helena.

Amina came back, "Amina!" I hugged her "I ended up sleeping there. I hope that wasn't a problem!" I nodded no.

I expected Raphael to go back. No cute moment.

I pouted, "let's go help you get ready for the day, my lady" I nodded and went up stairs to my room with her while chatting.