fourteen.

Dani in the MM.

UNEDITED! I fell asleep while writing last night !!! I'm sorry lol I was tired.

Storm is brewing..

Comments please :)

chapter fourteen:

"Wow..so that's really how you feel about me, huh? Just no respect?" Iyana sniffed, her voice laced with anger. Nour shrugged, leaning back against their seat. Danielle slowly sat up, placing her notepad down and clearing her throat.

"I can't believe this! Who was she? Was it someone close to me?" Iyana asked.

"Closer than you think." Nour chuckled, both of them looking at Danielle for different reasons. Danielle's heart was pounding aggressively in her chest as she looked at Iyana with a blank face.

Be a therapist, Dani. Save yourself before she sees it all over your face.

"So that makes you angry, Iyana? Why? Do you think it's revenge and that you deserved it?" Danielle suddenly asked, Iyana's mouth dropping open. Nothing came out, the woman's mouth shutting again as she slowly sat back in her seat with an ambivalent look on her face.

"Hm.." Nour hummed, their eyes looking at Danielle's face. Her face remained blank, Nour unable to read her at all. He looked back at Iyana who just stared down at her shoes while plucking the fabric of her pants.

"I don't belong to you and you don't belong to me. All you have to do is sign the paper and it's finalized. I did my part. I even let you keep the house and the bed I walked in on you fucking her in. We never agreed to anything like that, not to mention it was your childhood best friend. The engaged one."

Danielle looked over at Nour who had a look of passive annoyance. It made her wonder if he was hiding any sort of anger problems from how calm he was. The most he moved was his eyebrows to indicate how he was feeling, the two thick lines of hair pressed together.

"I think you should respect Nour's boundaries. Don't you think? You crossed a line that he's unable to accommodate with. Maybe it's time to move on." Danielle breathed, her own eyes growing almost sad causing Nour's face to soften slightly.  He was sensitive to emotion, being able to feel a shift in energy when someone close to them was feeling something outside of their own atmosphere.

"You think?" Iyana asked harshly.

"Yes. You messed up. Not him."

Iyana scoffed, standing up as she glared at Danielle who just stared back with a blank look. She grabbed her bag, storming out of the office and slamming the door shut. Danielle and Nour stared at each other for a small while, neither of them budging.

"It was her idea." Nour shrugged causing Danielle to chuckle while rolling her eyes.

"So..tonight?"

"Absolutely not." Danielle responded back causing Nour to chuckle.

"Why not?"

"I have children to take care of. I don't know the next time that I'll be free." Danielle responded honestly while shrugging her arms. She knew if she kept asking her mother to babysit that she was going to start asking questions. Danielle wasn't sure what she was going to tell her.

"Mm..I like kids. That was a future goal of mine."

"You are not meeting my sons right now." Nour put their hands up in defense causing Danielle to chuckle.

"I just want access to you in any way possible."

"What about Iyana?"

"Stop worrying about her. She's being handled. Come here.." Nour breathed as he stood up. Danielle looked up at him and sighed while also standing up and smiling as he wrapped his arms around her.