seventy-five.

this is not the storm. opposite actually. it's coming though.

UNEDITED . This book will soon be coming to an end.

chapter seventy-five:

"You shouldn't be here. This is not the time or the place." Rhea hissed as Nour continued to glare at his father who just stared back. He looked more tired than usual, Azi standing up and running over to her father.

"Can't we just stop this?" She asked quietly. Anon looked down at his youngest daughter before looking at Nour who held his glare. Danielle stood and touched his hand softly causing him to look down at her.

"We can go. It's okay."

"No, don't. Please..I never get to see you." Azi begged causing Nour to swallow hard as he looked at his father who just shrugged.

"I'm fine if you are." Anon breathed. Nour couldn't understand the energy in the room, clearing his throat as he wrapped a protective arm around Danielle's waist.

"This is Danielle." Nour stated grudgingly. Danielle smiled awkwardly, Anon's eyes staying on her as he nodded.

"I know who she is. More than she does, actually. Which is why I wanted to talk." Anon walked over to the dinner table and sat down at an empty space, everyone following suit. Danielle's hand stayed on Nour's leg as he watched his father intensely. He popped open the wine and poured a cup for everyone including Azi who grinned mischievously.

"Not too much. You have class tomorrow, yes?

"Yes Baba. Jeez." Azi mumbled causing her sisters to smile. Khalif placed a plate in front of Anon who smiled appreciatively, the room quiet as he started to eat.

"Well..am I that unwanted that you've all lost your appetites? Rhea..the food is amazing as always. And the naan is fresh."

"What the hell do you want?!" Nailah hissed causing Rhea to slap her arm as they all broke from their tension. Danielle continued to eat, sipping the wine which was richer than she's ever had before. The taste lingered on her tongue, Danielle downing the rest of her cup as the family talked.

"I've come waving my white flag. Zaya is pregnant and I want all of my children involved."

"Dear God." All of the siblings groaned causing Anon to shrug as he continued to eat his food. Danielle just watched, his eyes meeting hers before looking away quickly.

Did I do something? Why does he keep doing that?

"A ninth sibling? Jesus." Azi scoffed causing her father to side eye her. She shrugged as she sipped the rest of her drink that he had watered down when she wasn't looking. Nour saw, smiling slightly at the attentive treatment.

"Yes. As you all know I'm getting older and well..it's a boy."

"Oh thank God." Nour nearly sobbed as he covered his face. The relief washed over his body as he let out a breath, Danielle looking at him in confusion.

"So does this mean Nour's plan will work?"

"It is working. Fazil already approved everything. Well..he didn't have a choice. Nasir made sure of it."

"So that's it then? I'm out until your prince can take over himself? If you even allow that." Nour asked. It was the most gentle he's ever spoken to his father in a while and everyone noticed, Rhea smiling slightly knowing her sibling and father always bumped heads.

"I think it's time we pass it on to someone else. It's between me and Fazil's grandson who just turned eighteen. I think it's safe to say-"

"That you still got what you wanted without killing me in the process. But this doesn't change anything. You don't understand how much you've messed up with me because of greed-"

"I know and I'm sorry. I know I can't make it up to you, or any of you, for that matter. You all have money so I shouldn't even give you that to show my apologies. So..instead..I did this. Just In case I'm not around in a few years." Anon's eyes met Danielle's as he slipped the black velvet envelope in her direction. She opened it with confused eyes, reading through the paper with wide eyes that continued to grow.

"What is it?" Nailah asked. Rhea looked at Nour who looked up at his father with large, watery eyes. Danielle cleared her throat as her own tears welled, Anon nodding as he sat back in his chair.

"I genuinely wanted to make up for my absence. I know how important it was for me to meet your new family. I was angry so I chose a meeting over you. But then Zaya made me realize something.. I chose something over every single one of you, but Nour..I've hurt you the most. I've reflected, and now I leave it up to you to decide if you accept my
apology or not. Nasir told me about Nathaniel and I should've helped instead of ignoring the situation, which escalated due to me not being a father. Luckily it could've been worse. But I still have my regrets."

Danielle stared down at the paper that secured the lives of all four of their children. It went from estates, to trust funds and tuition funds, to cars and businesses. They would never have to worry about anything. They didn't before, but this just solidified it.

"I..I don't understand. How did you know about Sophia-"

"I wanted her to have something of both of her parents. Something I never got. So I managed to pull a few strings. Sophia will now own all of her mother and fathers assets once she turns eighteen. If she wants it of course."

"What's the catch?" Nour asked as he stood, his father standing up as well. He walked over, both of them at eye level as Anon smiled at his child who tried his best to hold back his tears.

"Think of it as a payment for all of your hard work..and also..Danielle Sanaa, yes?" Anon asked. Danielle nodded and he smiled while shaking his head.

"Such a small world. Your grandfather was Nasir's grandfather's mentor. Nasir and your father grew up together. You come from a bloodline of absolute royalty. A perfect match."