twenty-five.

Danielle in the MM.

UNEDITED. This ain't the storm btw more like some drizzle HAHAH.

chapter twenty-five:

"When we get home..and the boys are settled..I'm going to show you just how grateful I am for your help." Danielle whispered into Nour's ear. After the judge adjourned the case, Hazel and Alfred were both taken into custody for questioning. There was now an ongoing ACS case in their household, the court granting custody over her sons and Sophia as well. Danielle watched as Hazel nearly broke apart, the woman screaming as the ACS worker handed Sophia over to Nour and Danielle.

Danielle felt no remorse for the woman who cried out for her daughter. She knew that she only ever had Sophia to try and one up Danielle. It all made sense to the older woman now. Her friend was trying everything in her power to steal her life.

They were now on their way to lunch, Danielle feeling content with life as the three kids bickered and played on their tablets in the backseat. Nour looked over and smiled at Danielle who smiled back, grabbing his hand.

"After we eat I'm thinking we can go to the park and let them play in the field. It's such a nice day out and I'm sure they can burn all the energy they've got. I have a football in the trunk. You and miss Sophie can sit on the blanket." Nour suggested.

"I think that's a wonderful idea." Danielle responded. They decided it was best to pick up something quick, driving to the park and finding a nice spot in the grassy field to sit at. Danielle watched as Sophie slowly ate her French fry, the young girl quiet compared to when she's with her mother.

"She's not crying so much. That's good." Mason stated as he finished his burger.

"What do you mean? Does she cry a lot?" Nour asked as he sipped his drink while leaning against Danielle's chest. He was sitting in between her legs, his back flushed against her body. Her arms were wrapped around his shoulders, Danielle watching the kids from behind him.

"Yeah she's always fussing. Hazel always yelled at her or let her cry it out. I think the only time she's ever quiet is when she eats and then she sleeps fast. Like really fast."

"Mason, you're a smart little man. You know that?" Nour asked causing the young boys eyes to suddenly light up. It was as if it was the first nice thing he's heard in a while and it hurt Nour.

I know the feeling.

"Tell my dad that. Ma, I finished my burger. Can I kick the ball around now?" Mason begged.

"Go ahead, baby. Elias, you go and play too, okay? I love you both." Danielle watched as her boys ran to the center of the field, Sophie still chewing on her French fries.

"And you, little petal. That fry is delicious, huh? Yummy yummy yummy.." Nour teased Sophia while tickling her stomach, the little girl laughing and squealing as Nour lifted her up. Danielle leaned against the tree and smiled at the sight, feeling the love surround her. She felt content. As if she could finally breathe again.

"Why haven't you eaten, kitten?" Nour asked as he turned to look at Danielle. She wrinkled her nose while shaking her head. Her appetite was still off, chewing on fruits and only eating dinner the last two weeks. Her stomach was in knots, but now that her anxiety was calm she was sure she'd feel normal again soon.

"How about I get you some baklava on the way home?"

"Oh yes please. I didn't wanna ask."

"Okay guys, when we get inside it's straight into the shower. You smell like outside and you know mommy hates that smell." Danielle chuckled at her sons who nodded as Nour parked the car. The sun was setting, Sophia snoring in her car seat. She had chocolate ice cream all over her mouth and face. They had such a great time at the park, Nour playing soccer with them and eating ice cream from the ice cream truck. The older woman and Nour shared a red-dipped cone, the kids gagging causing Danielle to chuckle while slapping the back of their heads playfully. Elias thanked Nour for his Batman popsicle while Mason handed him two dollars for his slushee.

Nour simply took it in order to help Mason feel as if he had the authority he seemed to believe he had. It made Nour smile because it meant that he wanted to protect his mom and act as if he was the man of the house since his father couldn't. He also wanted the young boy to understand that he didn't have to worry about anything but himself at his young age.

"Can I take a bubble bath? I missed my toys." Elias pleaded. They all got out of the car, Nour walking toward the house but stopping in his tracks as he held his arm to block them while shaking his head.

"Wait..the doors open.." Nour whispered, Danielle freezing up. Nour handed the car seat with a sleeping Sophia over to Danielle before pulling his gun from his pocket which shocked all three of them. He walked up the stairs, peeking through the door and gasping at the mess that was made.

The entire house was trashed, all of her valuables completely destroyed. The words whore and liar were spray painted on the walls, all of her expensive jewelry sitting in the fire place and being burnt. Her wigs were cut up, her pictures smashed and covered in black paint.

"Call the police." Nour stated as Danielle walked in, her eyes filling with tears as she looked at everything that was destroyed. Her self-published books were ripped apart, all of her credentials soaked in what smelt like alcohol.

"All of my stuff is destroyed.." Danielle whispered in shock, the boys hugging their mom as Nour dialed Nura's number on her phone.

"Nura have Babu set up the extra bedrooms at my home. I'm bringing a few guests with me. Someone broke in and trashed Danielle's place. They destroyed everything of hers. I need you to look into this."

'Of course. We will speak when you get here'. Nour hung up the phone and walked over to Danielle who just stared, completely shell shocked. Her eyes were dull and watery as she stared at all of her jewelry and expensive clothes being burned in the fireplace.

"Baby-" Danielle put up a hand as she turned around and sprinted outside and retching onto the grass. She emptied out her stomach, the tears mixing in with the vomit as she held her stomach.

"Fuck.." She hissed as she wrapped an arm around herself. She felt sicker than she ever had before, her stomach cramping causing her to groan as she slumped over before throwing up again.

"My Goodness, petal..you're burning up.." Nour whispered as he pulled her hair into a bun. She shook her head, wiping her mouth and grabbing the water that Elias handed to her.

"Thank you my babies. Let's just wait for the police to get here and then we can um..go to a hotel or something-"

"No. You're coming home with me. All four of you. I have more than enough space until we figure this out. You don't have to worry about a thing."

"What about my clothes? My books-" Nour gently covered Danielle's mouth which caused her to look up at him with big, watery eyes.

"Don't worry about all of that. As a matter of fact, none of you worry about that. Boys, how about some new sneakers, huh? Any kind you want if it's okay with mommy. Right, mommy?" Nour asked in a tone that made Danielle melt as she nodded, Nour uncovering her mouth and leaving a soft kiss against it as the boys cheered.

"Good girl. Don't you worry. I've got you."