Chapter 4

As Y/N and Buchanan were trotting through, the King and Samuel were following close behind. Trotting through the village towards the meadows. When the four dismounted their steeds. King Henry approached Y/N as Buchanan joined Samuel.

"What are you doing here father?" He asked as King Henry just smiled at him.

"I want to make sure you do this right son." He said as he patted his back. The four of them approached the farmhouse. It had a clemitis climbing up the side of the small farmhouse.

"It's actually quite calming out here." Y/N whispered as the two stood before the front door. Y/N took a deep breath as his father watched him with amusement adorned his face.

"Time is of the essence my boy." King  Henry smirked as Y/N took another deep breath and knocked on the wood. The two only waited moments for the door to be opened by the green eyed beauty herself.

"Y/N." Wanda smiled at the sight of the Prince. Her Prince before her eyes moved over to glance at King Henry. "Your Majesty." She curtsied as King Henry smiled at the young maiden.

"May we speak with your father my dear." King Henry requested as Wanda nodded. Calling for her father who soon made his way towards the door. Bowing in the presence of royalty.

"Your Majesties." He spoke with certainty. Hiding the nervousness from his voice. "To what do I owe the pleasure?"

"May we take a stroll sir?" Y/N requested with a smile. Mr Maximoff nodded as he followed the two out of the house. Wanda watching as the five made their way to the fields of wild flowers.

"My son here, has a very important question to ask of you sir." King Henry spoke as they walked side by side.

"Mr Maximoff sir. I have spent many weeks with the pleasure of getting to know your daughter." Y/N started as he looked ahead as he walked. His head held high just as his father had shown him on multiple occasions. "I have also come to learn that she is like no other. She is amazing and well spoken. I guess what I'm trying to say is, I came here today with one question in mind." Y/N stopped his steps and turned to face the older man. "I want to ask for your blessing in asking for your daugter's hand in matrimony."

"You want to marry my daughter?" Mr Maximoff asked him as he nodded.

"I do. I wish to rule the kingdom with Wanda by my side as my Queen." Y/N spoke confidently.

"And you want my blessing?" He asked him.

"That would be the respectable thing to do. Yes." Y/N nodded as Mr Maximoff just smiled.

"Then yes. You have my blessing." He told him making Y/N smile. "But please make sure she remains happy."

"Wanda's happiness and safety will be my first priority sir." Y/N said as they started to walk back slowly.

"So, when do you intend on asking her?" Mr Maximoff asked him. Y/N sighed.

"I was hoping tonight at sun down." He spoke softly. "Within the fields of wildflowers she loves so much with this ring." He pulled out an emerald velvet box with a silver ring which has an emerald shimmering in the sun. "I wanted to get her something simple yet stunning. The emerald matches her eyes."

"It's beautiful." He told him as King Henry nodded with a bright smile. "I know she will accept your proposal. Do not tell her I told you this, but she has none stop spoken about this Y/N. We just didn't realise that she was on casual terms with the Prince."

"She is a remarkable woman." Y/N spoke softly. "I do intend to spend the rest of my life showing her just how amazing she truly is and what she means to me."

As they all reached the farmhouse, King Henry followed Mr Maximoff inside as Y/N remained outside beside Wanda. Samuel remained on the doorstep of the house as Buchanan followed Y/N and Wanda on their daily walk.

"You look rather stunning today Wanda." Y/N told her as she looked at him shyly.

"Thank you." She smiled as they reached their favourite spot.

"I was actually going to wait until sun down to do this." Y/N spoke nervously as Wanda watched him intently. "Since the moment I first looked into your eyes, I knew the green of the irises will become my favourite colour. The way your skin shines within the sun. The way your hair blows in the wind. Everything about in that first moment, it was a painting. An exquisite vision that I will be lucky enough to keep locked within my mind until my dying days." Wanda watched as Y/N got on one knee. "Usually royalty don't bow down to anyone let alone get on their knees, but you Wanda Maximoff. You are sculptured by Aphrodite herself. So now I am down on my knee, and with this ring, I ask for your hand in matrimony. Will you be my Queen. Not just the Queen of England. But the Queen of my heart?"

"Yes." She smiled tearily at him. "Yes. A thousand times and again."

He placed the ring on her left ring finger before he stood. Holding her hands in his as he looked at her. His smile never wavering as he gazed into her sparkling eyes.

"You truly are amazing." He whispered as she smiled up at him. Pressing a gentle kiss to his lips before pulling away and looking at the ring that lay on her finger. How the emerald shone a lighter shade within the sun. The shade that reminded him of her eyes. "I can't wait for you to rule by my side my Queen."

She kissed him once more before the two walked back arm in arm to the farmhouse. Both ready for that next step.

As Arch Bishop Rogers travelled across the ocean to a neighbouring Kingdom. Ruled by a ruthless King. King Howard Stark who is always ready for a war.