Chapter 7

As the treaty was being finalised within the Kingdom, Y/N was making a slowly but surely recovery. King Henry also had planned his wife's and Arch Bishop Rogers' sentence. Not wanting them to know that he knows of their mutiny. Especially after sending Lang and Maiden Carter to the Maximoff farm.

Buchanan was the first to notice the carriage approaching. Exiting the building and watching as Lang dismounted.

"What's happened?" He asked as soon as he saw Lang's tired features.

"There has been a mutiny." Lang informed him. "But we came to retrieve Lady Maximoff. Prince Y/N was gravely injured."

"Is he?" Buchanan asked, his heart pounding in his chest.

"Banner from the apothecary is aiding him, but he is a strong spirit." Lang informed him. "So may I speak with Lady Maximoff." He requested as Buchanan nodded. Leading Lang and Maiden Carter inside.

"Lady Maximoff, we have guests." Buchanan spoke as he approached the kitchen.

"How many times. Please call me Wanda." Wanda smiled at him as Buchanan just nodded. Allowing the two guests to enter.

"Your presence has been requested by His Highness." Lang spoke confidently. "The Prince was injured and the King has requested your arrival immediately."

"I can't just leave. I have duties." Wanda told them.

"Yes you can dear. Your father, brother and I can split your chores fairly." Iryna spoke tenderly. "You have a duty to your beloved. He needs you more. So go and pack some things." Wanda could only nod, Lang signalling for Maiden Carter to aid her.

"I don't really need any help. Thank you." Wanda spoke softly as she packed her necessities. Along with a family photo.

"It is my job Lady Maximoff." Maiden Carter told her as she stood in the center of the room. Unsure of what to do.

"What?" Wanda asked her confused as she fastened her bag.

"I have been assigned as your Handmaiden, by request of the King himself." She told her as she took the bag from Wanda's grasp. Opening the door for her.

"I am not ever going to get used to this." Wanda mumbled as Margerat smiled softly. Following behind Wanda.

"We're ready." Margerat said as she headed towards the carriage with Wanda's bag.

"Am I allowed to say goodbye?" Wanda asked as Buchanan smiled at her.

"We shall be outside Lady Maximoff." He told her before leading Lang and Samuel outside. The four Maximoffs stood in the living room. Oleg being the first to hug his daughter tightly. Placing a kiss upon the top of her head. Sniffling as he left the house. Pietro being the next.

"I guess this is it." Pietro mumbled sadly.

"It doesn't have to mean goodbye brother." Wanda told him. "Besides, I shall visit as much as I can." She hugged him tightly before he followed their father. Leaving the two women alone.

"I am so proud of the Lady you have become my dear." Iryna spoke tenderly. "You get to live the life of a Queen, but never forget from where you came."

"Never mama." Wanda told her. Hugging her mother tightly. Tears streaming down her face. The two followed everyone else outside. With the help of Buchanan, Wanda got inside the carriage. Watching as her family disappeared into the distance. Her heart beating extremely fast in her chest. She was both nervous and excited. She was seeing Y/N, although she had no idea how bad of a state he was in.

"We will be arriving shortly Lady Maximoff." Margerat informed her as Wanda just nodded with a nervous smile. "You will be fine ma'am."

"Please just call me Wanda." Wanda asked her as Margerat just smiled in reply. Wanda just shook her head with a smile knowing that won't happen.

The rest of the journey was silent. Wanda watching through the window as the fields turned into houses. People clearing the way towards the Kingdom Gates.

"When we arrive, we shall escort you to Prince Y/N's quarters." Margerat told her softly. Wanda gave her a gentle smile, hearing the chains of the gates being raised. The carriage soon being led to the entrance of the castle. The carriage door opened and Buchanan helped Margerat and Wanda down.

Margerat led Wanda through the halls. Wanda admired the paint work, the marble stone and the high ceilings. Taking note of the way she was being led.

"Wanda." King Henry greeted her, kissing her knuckles as he waited for her outside of Y/N's quarters. "It is so good to see you dear." He smiled at her.

"And I, you." Wanda replied nervously. Knowing that through the door behind him was her beloved. "May I see him?" She asked him.

"He has been asking for you." He told her stepping aside to open the door for her. She smiled softly as she saw him sleeping. The sunlight was lighting up his features. She walked inside the room, Margerat behind her.

Taking his hand in hers as she sat on the edge of the bed. A smile spreading along her features.

"What happened?" She asked as King Henry remained by the door. He explained everything that had happened. Both on the battlefield and within the Kingdom. Wanda was angry about the Queen's actions towards her family, but she was thankful that her beloved made it home.