Chapter 8

Wanda remained by Y/N's side since she arrived. As he was recovering, he slept a lot of the time, but the moments he was awake, were the moments they cherished.

Wanda had never realised truly just how in love with him she was. Especially whenever she looked into his eyes. Her heart would skip everytime he smiled at her or held her hand. Pressing a gentle kiss to it.

The two would spend their time telling stories of the time they spent apart. Wanda hated hearing about the battle, especially the moment Y/N was hurt. It broke her heart.

"How are we feeling son?" King Henry spoke as he was accompanied by the Queen.

"Better. Thank you Father." Y/N told him honestly. "How are you?" Y/N asked his father who just smirked.

"I am doing amazing." He boomed with a wide smile. "You see, this is the moment we will get justice for the lives lost on the battlefield from both Kingdoms."

The Queen was starting to feel slightly nervous for some reason. Not knowing that the King had sent his most trusted Guards to the Arch Bishop's quarters. With a parchment for his arrest.

"You see, I learned something as I watched my son almost lose his life." He said as he soon looked at his Queen. "I was informed of a mutiny within the Kingdom. Someone close to Prince Y/N and myself wanted to overthrow and ruin everything that we have built. Generations of blood was shed into this Kingdom and not just Royal blood." The Guards behind the Queen approached her as the King reached for the parchment concealed within his dress clothes. "I just never thought it would be the Queen who is supposed to support my decision."

"You are letting our son wed a farmhand." The Queen spat as King Henry just clenched his jaw.

"No one is letting me marry Wanda." Y/N spoke as he stumbled to his feet. "I want to marry her. From the moment I saw her in the field, I knew then I had met my Queen. She is the perfect Queen to rule by my side. Not one of those floosies you are trying to set me up with." He approached his mother who just looked horrified that she had been caught. "You only want a brainless floosie to be my Queen so you will still have a say in how I rule the Kingdom."

"You are nothing but a spoil brat." She sneered as the Guards had restrained her.

"I am not. I just know what I want, and I will achieve it with the right person by my side." He told her. Wanda holding onto him in fear he might fall. "Wanda is that person. She has a heart of gold and a pure soul. She will be the perfect Queen for the people to look up to. Not some stone hearted witch."

"You will be brought to the courtyard, tomorrow at high noon." King Henry told her. "I already have notified the villagers. Invited them to attend, since I know you enjoy making a spectacle of things." He finished before turning towards the guards. "Take her to the cells." He ordered after ripping the crown from her head.

Y/N watched as his father turned away to face the fireplace. Watching as the flames danced.

"Are you ok Father?" Y/N asked him softly. King Henry sighing before he spoke.

"This crown has been worn by the Queen for centuries." He told them. Hurt and anger laced in his voice. "And that wretched traitor has tainted it. Years and years of this crown being the soul of the Kingdom just thrown away." Y/N and Wanda both watched as King Henry threw it into the fire. Watching as the flames licked the gold surface. "Be ready to accompany me at high noon. Maiden Carter will help you Wanda. She already has your attire laid out."

The two just nodded as they watched him leave. Y/N's heart broke at the sight of his father so tired and broken. His mother and someone who was trusted so dearly caused his father's pain.

"Please lay down Y/N." Wanda requested softly. Y/N only nodded, allowing Wanda to lead him back to bed.

"You won't ever betray me?" Y/N asked her. She sat beside him, caressing his cheek.

"I see myself by your side until the day our children take over the throne." She reassured him. "I intend to support you until my dying breath. It is you and I, together for eternity. Life after death." He smiled before kissing her softly.

"Lay with me?" He requested. She just smiled as she pushed him down on the bed. Laying her head on his chest. Listening to his heart beat rapidly. Smiling softly as she closed her eyes. Embracing the warmth and safety his arms provided her.