TWO: The Island of Parrots

~ Take On The World ~
————

Flora stood at the smoothie bar on the Sky Deck with Bailey and Zack. "It's all my fault that London left." Bailey said and Zack shook his head.

"No it's not. She hated a lot of things on the boat besides you." He said and Flora looked at him weirdly. "That came out wrong." He added.

Cody came over with a smoothie. "Here Bailey, this'll cheer you up. I ordered it just for you." He said as he handed Bailey the drink. "It's a seaweed smoothie with a broccoli boost." He added and Flora stopped drinking her smoothie and placed it down on the bar as she made a face of disgust.

"We want her to cheer up, not throw up." Zack said towards his brother. Flora looked over to see Mr Moseby and Miss Tutweiller argue before Mr Moseby started talking on the phone.

The ships foghorn blew and the boat tilted as it turned quickly causing Flora lost her balance and almost fell but Zack caught her. Cody however, he stumbled and accidentally threw his smoothie into Mr Moseby's face.

The group behind them started laughing. "Told you my smoothie would cheer her up." Cody shrugged and turned around to see Mr Moseby glaring at him. Zack looked down at the girl who was so close to sitting in his lap and she stood up straight again. "Are you ok?" He asked and she nodded. "Yeah." She smiled and Zack couldn't help but smile back.

☆☆☆

The class stood in the lobby and Miss Tutweiller was doing the register. "Wiggins, Yablondski." She said and nodded. "Ok, so the whole class is here except Zack Martin."

"Get used to that." Cody said as he stood beside Bailey and Flora. Zack then ran up behind Miss Tutweiller. "Here!" He shouted, causing Miss Tutweiller to jump and throw her attendance sheets everywhere.

She turned to Zack with her hand over her heart. "Sorry, I overslept." He said.

"We were in biology class." Cody pointed out and Zack nodded. "Exactly." He said and Cody looked at him weirdly.

"Anyway, this unscheduled stop to look for London on this tropical island presents us with a unique educational opportunity." Miss Tutweiller said to the class and Zack gasped. "We're gonna learn how to surf?" He asked excitedly.

"Yeah! Cowabunga!" Woody called out happily. "Hang eleven!" He said as he mimicked someone surfing and the class looked at him weirdly.

"It's hang ten." Cody corrected and Woody smiled. "Not when you have eleven toes." He said.

"You've got six toes on one foot?" Zack asked confused and Woody shook his head. "Nope, eight and three." He said.

The class took a step back and Cody, Bailey and Flora walked to the other side beside Zack. Miss Tutweiller shook her head at Woody. "I meant an opportunity to study the history of the island. Now, Parrot Island was colonised," she started.

"By the British, at the tail end of the Age of Exploration." Bailey finished and Miss Tutweiller smiled. "Well, to be more precise in," she started again.

"1762, Wednesday, around lunch." Cody finished and Miss Tutweiller sighed. "Thank you." She fake smiled. "Anyway, let's take a look at this beautiful, lush paradise." She said and the group walked out to the balcony.