018

PIANO PAIRS
8.28.2022

"hey." i hear from behind me. i notice harry walking up the stairs towards me.

"i didn't think you'd show up." i say.

"me neither." harry replies. we stand there in silence, looking at the billboards. the faint noise of car horns is the only thing around.

"so." harry says shifting his weight from one foot to the other and back again.

"so." i respond quickly looking at him before i turn away.

"i'm sorry." harry says, that makes me look over at him. "i shouldn't have assumed anything, and i shouldn't have blown you off like that."

"i'm not mad about that." i state. i'm actually not mad at all.

"you aren't?" he asks looking over at me. i shake my head to confirm my answer.

"come on," i say grabbing his hand and being walking down the steps. "i want to show you something."

deja vu anyone?

harry and i walk together through times square. he keeps wondering where i'm taking him, but i keep walking until we reach a piano.

it's just a standard black piano, with a bench in front of it. why is it sitting in times square? i don't know.

but it's been here for years and i find it every time i'm in new york, which is pretty often.

"a piano? in the middle of times square?" harry says watching me sit down at the piano.

"more like on the outskirts, but times square nonetheless." i say. i motion for him to sit down next to me, which he does.

i start playing mia and sebastian's theme from la la land. i don't know why i chose to play it, but i did.

harry sits there, watching me play the song which makes me nervous.

once i finish the song, my hands lightly rest over the keys so i can think of a new song to play.

"play me one of your songs." harry suggests. i decide which one to play, i choose feels like which i just recently wrote.

"oh, we almost got away we cut it close." i sing, harry looks at me with furrowed eyebrows at the unrecognizable song.

"the city's getting loud if i choke, it's only cause i'm scared to be alone. been tryna work it out you should know." i sing. "i would do whatever you wanted, we don't have to leave the apartment, let you at the right time, this is what it feels like."

i wrote this song a couple of days ago, about a week ago actually. i have about 5 unreleased songs that i want to put out, maybe i'll release an ep.

"livin in a movie i've watched and funny cause you couldn't have called it. met you at the right time, this is what it feels like." i sing.

i sing the second verse and the chorus one more time. i hesitate if i should stop or sing the bridge. i feel as though it gives away exactly who the song it about.