Sleepy

Seungmin had barely slept the night before. He had this sickening feeling that something terrible would happen on the plane ride back from Japan. Every time he tried to close his eyes, his mind would wander to engine failures, fires, men with guns, and plane crashes. In every scenario, it was terrible for him.

He had gotten up early, thinking he could fall asleep on the plane. He ate breakfast with the others, not saying much, his eyes already heavy as he forced himself to stay awake. On the ride to the airport, he had almost drifted off when the van came to a stop. He grumbled as he exited the vehicle and followed the others through the airport.

There were so many people. He tried to look peppy. Thank goodness he was wearing a mask and his long-eared loverboy hat. As they walked through the crowds, he felt someone grab his arm. He frowned, pulling back as security got involved.

He felt I.N's hand on his back as he kept walking forward. Felix reached back, taking his hand and leading him towards the gate. He felt on edge. The noises, the lights, there were too many people. He just wanted to close his eyes and fall asleep.

They stopped outside the gate; I.N and Felix looked concerned as they tried to comfort Seungmin. Before they could call Changbin over, Chan appeared. "Hey, Minnie, you doing OK?" He asked. He could see his eyes were red and almost to the point of tears. He looked around, seeing Changbin joking with Hyunjin, "Binnie." He called, waving him over.

Changbin headed over, "What's up?" He asked before getting a look at Seungmin, "What happened?" He wondered as Chan stepped back, giving them space.

Seungmin wrapped his arms around his neck, sobbing, "I'm tired, it's noisy, my eyes hurt, I have a headache, and someone touched me." He whimpered into his neck.

Changbin rubbed his back, whispering, "It's OK. Mommy's here now." He sighed, "Can you be a big boy for a little longer? When we're on the plane, you can go small." He nodded.

"On the plane?" He whispered, pulling back from his Caregiver, tears falling down his cheeks. "I kept thinking of all the scary things that could happen on the plane." He whispered.

"Nothing scary is going to happen, I promise," Changbin whispered as he rubbed his back. He looked over at Chan, motioning to his head and anyone filming to suggest he had a headache.

Chan quickly ushered the group onto the plane. Changbin sat Seungmin beside him beside the window. He took his bag, pulled out his puppy plushie, handing it to him.

Seungmin sniffled as he wiped his nose on his sleeve. He had already slipped into his little space. He knew they were still in public and couldn't call Changbin Mommy. Instead, he reached his hand out towards him.

Changbin smiled. He fastened both their belts before taking his hand. "Want to send a selfie to the Stays?" He asked as he pulled out his phone.

Seungmin shook his head, "Minnie, no look pretty for Stays." He whispered, looking down at his puppy.

Changbin resisted the urge to coo at the younger boy, "Minnie is always pretty." He whispered. "But OK, I'll take one of me." He aimed the camera at himself. He momentarily let go of Seungmin's hand to press a finger into his cheek behind his mask.

Seungmin whimpered slightly before retaking his hand, holding it tightly through the safety announcement and the take-off.

Once they were allowed to move around, Changbin stood up, pulling his hoodie off, "Why don't you try to get some sleep?" He folded the fabric, settling it beside Seungmin's head and closing the shutter on the window. "I will watch over you and make sure nothing happens, OK?" He asked.

Seungmin nodded slightly before settling his head against the makeshift pillow. "Hmmm, Minnie safe with Mommy." He whispered under his breath.