CHAPTER 24

THE CHILDREN SAT ATTENTIVE, WAITING for their story to begin. It was a favorite of the children born in the First Kingdom of Bolaji. It was a point of pride for all of them. People of every tribe, nation, and tongue: red, yellow, brown, white, pink, purple, blue, and green. They continued to thrive here and learn about each other together. Poge never imagined she'd grow old enough to see such a world and such a life.

With Jiden and Neke by her side, she became a wife, a mother, grandmother, and great grandmother.

Poge watched Sanee and Adera become beloved by all the kingdoms and witness their love for each other unite peoples long at odds. They settled on the name Adalu for their kingdom and their first-born son. Their children's children sat in front of her and twitched with anticipation for what story was to come.

Poge couldn't climb trees the way she used to, but she insisted on telling her stories sitting at the foot of one. One child had put her stool up for her to sit down on and, using her cane, she lowered herself down to it. The children moved closer, filling in any gaps between them. After she'd made eye contact with every one of them, she began her story.

"The gods made this world the horrible place it was. A place overflowing with hate. Hearts hardened like stone with prejudice. A world where you learned to war with anyone who didn't look like you. In the middle of it all, a younger generation snatched the leadership from their forefather's stubborn and deficient hands. They carved out a new life, culture, and future of their own choosing. They created a whole new kingdom. Their story isn't written in books or on paper. We pass it from soul to soul as any good story should be passed on.

Two people who should never have met became the first leaders of this new world. They met one ordinary summer's day at the water's rocky edge. Their love made the world what it is today."

* * *

Squeeee!!! I can't believe this is the end. I love this world, and I'm always trying to think of ways to dive back in. Sharing my story with Wattpadders was an amazing experience. If you'd like another series set in this world check out the Bolaji Kingdoms series wherever ebooks are sold.