The USJ

You're officially a week into being a homeroom teacher's aide, and it actually hasn't been as bad as you thought it would. Aside from special trips and assignments, most of the hands-on lessons occur in classes taught by other heroes like All Might, meaning there are less important tasks for you to try to help with and for Aizawa to shut you down over.

You've been spending a lot of time watching Aizawa in action as a teacher, and at the end of the day, he's not fully ineffective. A lot of his teaching style reminds you of your own, but he adds an extra level of aggression and distance that prevents the students from really connecting with him. Maybe if you ever figure out a way to get him to connect with you, you can approach that subject.

In the meantime, however, you've been able to get to know your students and the other faculty members more- something you think is much more important than trying to appease your impossible co-teacher for the time being.

The kids in your class are truly incredible. Not only are their Quirks all unique and powerful, but their attitudes and stories for being at UA are also inspiring, even at their young ages. Some of the students are much more open to talking to you like Kirishima and Sero, who are always looking for an opportunity to show off what they can do. Some of the others like Koda and Bakugou are a lot more closed off although for those two specifically, it's in totally different ways.

Midoryia caught your eye on the first day and although he tends to keep to himself, you can easily see the way the other students gravitate toward him, like when they voted him as the class representative- and then rallied them all to support Ida. Seeing how Aizawa singled him out from the very beginning also makes you want to help him succeed. As much as your co-teachers words the other day hurt you, he wasn't completely wrong when he said you see some of yourself in Midoriya. Just because someone is behind in Quirk control or development doesn't mean that their determination and work ethic can't outweigh it- and you have a feeling Aizawa knows that, otherwise he would have almost certainly expelled Midoryia by now.

Today, you and Aizawa are bringing the students to a special UA facility for rescue training. You're excited- you'll be working with All Might, who's become a fast friend for you at the school, and aside from combat, rescue hero work is your specialty. With other pros there to buffer Aizawa, you might be able to really help the students- and show your stuff to everyone finally.

The USJ Facility is massive, with several entire landscapes built inside. You're excited to see it in person- almost as excited as the students chattering behind you on the bus. In contrast to the noise in the back, the front of the bus is uncomfortably silent. Aizawa is seated next to you in the window seat, and you're by the aisle, scooched as far away from the hero beside you as possible. You haven't spoken much this week and your conflict on the training field is still looming overhead. You spend the ride focusing on how you want to best help each student at training today, trying not to fidget in your seat too much. You're wearing a new hero costume, and it's taking a lot to get used to. The fabric is specially developed to be immune to your toxin excretions, but it's very, very, tight. You're even wearing a trench coat despite the heat until you have to take it off inside.

The bus comes to a halt and you crane your neck to look at the massive domed building up ahead.

"We're here, everyone." Aizawa wastes no time heading out and you follow quickly. Thirteen, the pro hero, is waiting inside for all of you.

"Hello, everyone! I've been waiting for you!" Thirteen throws her arms up happily and you can't help but grin. She was one of the warmest members of the team when you were all first introduced and having her here already makes you feel more comfortable.

The students are clearly enamored by Thirteen, whispering excitedly as she leads you all in. She guides you all through the several different scenario areas- each dozens of acres apart at least.