Learning

You're hobbling your way across campus when you pass Midoryia leaving one of the academic buildings.

"Miss! Can I help you on your way anywhere?" Midoryia beams at you, motioning to the satchel you have strapped to your side. You lean against your crutches for a moment to rest.

"Thanks for the offer Midoryia, but I'll be okay. Giving me an excuse to stop for a minute is helpful enough. How are you feeling about the sports festival?"

"I'm not sure, to be honest... but I've been training with every spare moment I have, so I'll be as prepared as I can!"

You smile at his determination. "I know you'll do wonderfully. Anyway, we still have plenty of time to prepare, so don't sweat it. I've been meaning to talk to you Midoryia- about the USJ incident."

The boy's face sombers. "Oh, right. I'm sorry I didn't listen to your directions, but All Might was-"

"It's okay, I'm not mad." You shake your head. "What you did was really brave, and honestly I don't know if we would have all gotten out of there if you hadn't done what you'd done. But," You hold a finger up. "Your body can't always keep up with your mind's determination. You're young- I want you to be around for many more years, which means having a sense of self-preservation. Sometimes we need to hold back, even lose a battle, if it means we can bounce back and win the war. Does that make sense?"

Midoryia considers your words for a moment before responding. "I think so. I promise I'll think about it."

"I know you will. Thank you. Now, off to class! And Midoryia," You add as he hurries off. "Find some time this week to have fun!"

You're nervous as you arrive in one of the academic buildings- you're meeting with All Might and his policeman friend, Tsukauchi. Toshinori assured you he was trustworthy and he seemed so in the faculty meeting, but you're still worried about any connection he may have to Detective Hicks.

You knock on the door of Toshinori's office and he quickly opens it, ushering you inside.

"Good to see you! You remember Tsukauchi." He motions to the young man sitting inside and you nod.

"Of course, from the faculty meeting. I understand you've been running the investigation into the USJ invasion- we all appreciate your help with that."

Tsukauchi smiles, standing for a moment to greet you before you all sit in the armchairs around Toshinori's desk.

"It's my pleasure- I'm always glad to help out UA. So I understand you've had some problems with the law here, ma'am."

You chuckle somberly. "You could say that."

"I'll say this- you almost succeeded in disappearing. The Japanese police force had no idea you were here until Detective Hicks showed up."

You groan. You were so close and that dick had to ruin everything. "What's that guy's deal? I'd never even heard about him until he arrested me, and he seems to know a whole lot about me."

"From what I've gathered, he reports to some real high-ups in the American government, who seem to have some big issues with you. As you know, Japan has many different feelings about Quirks than the US, so we've tried to stay out of the conflicts involved in the Hero War as much as possible, but Hicks made it pretty clear our participation in this investigation was very important to international relations. My superiors are really uncomfortable with him here, but there's not much we can do."

"At the end of the day," Tsukauchi leans back in his seat, holding his hands up in a partial shrug. "You're considered a national war criminal. Our government may not agree, but they also don't want to risk damaging international relations by pushing back too hard against Hicks."