02 | strange encounter

"JENNIE, I DO IT."

─but for the sake of the debt.

Even though Kim Jennie is her best friend from high school, she thought this might be the correct time to repayed the friendship deeds Jennie had done to her. The dumplings stalls near their school especially, where chaeyoung released all of the life stress there and Jennie listens (which indeed made her feel better)

Remember chaeyoung! You doing this for debt! Nothing more come in between!

Jennie remind her to visits the fashion boutique her family owns. Though Jennie is rich as hell, chaeyoung doesn't really feels as both of them are from a different world.

The clock attentively turned, as chaeyoung glances on it. She'd running late for work. A small part time to pay for her needs, at least. Chaeyoung is definitely not poor, the world is just too expensive to be in. Ah, the manager will gave her a good scolding for being late twice this week. The brunette runs to the parking lot where she parks her old motorbike─ from her grandfather's workshop.

Her older brother, Park Jimin had always told her to buy a new one as the old one is rather .. old. But there one motto chaeyoung always sticks is, if it still good why bother buy a new one?

The engine runs smoothly as she tie her hair to make sure her hair doesn't bother her while driving. The Café where chaeyoung works took at least twenty minutes to get there but she decided to took a shortcut through the narrow alley which it took just half of the original time.

Chaeyoung turned her motorbike to the left as the road through the corner were small to get through. When chaeyoung decided to turn, suddenly another motorbike came across her view. As fast as lightning, she tried her best to dodge it, as she accidentally crash her motorbike against the stone brick of wall. Chaeyoung immediately fall onto the rubbish full with leftover fruits and vegetables.

The person from the other motorbike took off his helmet and shockingly came to see the situation he pretty much had caused.

"ah," she annoyingly said while kicking off the boxes of compost that fell on her. She blew the strand of hair out of her face as she tried to stand up from the ground.

"oh gosh, it's stinks." she murmured- smelling the old rotten vegetables which causes her shirt to stained badly.

Chaeyoung look over at the culprit who is standing there unhelpfully, "hey─ don't you just knock someone out and don't help?" she annoyingly yelled to the person.

Jeon Jungkook, the other biker came forward. He lend her a hand as he noticed something in close, "Your forehead─" he said, ".. it's bleeding."

".. what?" she touch her forehead which caused her to groaned in pain, "Great. Just great," she sarcastically said, "life loves me so much."

Jungkook ignored her as he observed the unknown area and found a nearby convenient store. "wait here," he told her and run off.

-

Life is full of twist and turn, her mother once told her.

If someone would say she would be in a small accident and now the person who causes her injuries is treating her wound, then she would called the person crazy for even thinking about that. But look where life had took.

First, he come rushing back (which she thought he wouldn't) with some bandages and oilments.

And now, here they're are.

"It's gonna hurt abit," he said while placing ointments onto her forehead.

Chaeyoung feels awkward and weird to be even trusting this person with her life (not to be dramatic) but looking at her situation, she couldn't help but agreed. The awkward silence made her cringe, as her eyes wander to everywhere besides the man.

She observed the man, he doesn't look young or old. He looks mid. Or perhaps her age. The man looks quite alright, he doesn't look like a thief or a mafia (maybe) considering the fact that he looks bold.

Jeon Jungkook noticed the awkward tension between them, should he apologise? At least be a decent human being right? But everytime he tried to open his mouth, he immediately close it shut. Jungkook couldn't find the words.

"done." he told her.

She sigh in realief.

She open her phone to check the camera and sees the well treated injuries, she pouted. Is this man a doctor? He looks too young to be one. "um.. thanks I guess?"

Jungkook nodded. Maybe he isn't that much of a talker.

"Oh god, I'm late." she stand up and brushing off the dust onto her outfit.

"wait." he said.

"are you fine with that?" he added.

"with what?"

He pointed at her shirt which were stained.

"sht." she flustered said.

Jungkook sigh as he took off his leather jacket and lend it to her.

"here,"

Huh. "what is this?" she asked.

He scratch the back of his name. "just take it, to covered up the smell... and as an apology for.. this."

She heard him say with the tattoos that covered up his right arm─ and finally noticed how good looking he was.

Jungkook walks to his motorbike.

"how do I give it back to you!" she yelled from behind.

Jungkook sits onto his motorbike as he bites his lips. "just take it."

Oh.

Jungkook look at her once last time before wearing his helmet. The faint smile on his lips were unnoticeable. Chaeyoung look at him as he had drove off the area. Chaeyoung look at the jacket he gave and sigh.

"I didn't even get his name."

when both of them will met at the blind date later 😍🤟