01 | proposal to offer

Hello, hello, hello!

As usual I'm pretty insecure publishing this (just like my other updates, nothing usual) but I hope your guys enjoy this as much as I enjoy writing this! I already had a clear idea of the process in this story rather than my older version :) so that's actually a good thing.

Without further due, enjoy?

-

"DAMM IT."

"damm it, damm it, damm it─"

Kim Jennie turn to her roommate, park chaeyoung as she saw her doing something with her laptop. She crossed her leg on the bed while putting down a book she had read as she sigh, chaeyoung had always have trouble across her fingertip so it's not always surprising to see chaeyoung act like this. Beside, she had known her since high school.

"What is it this time?"

Park chaeyoung turn to Kim Jennie while messing up with her black hair, she groaned in frustration.

"School loans are coming." she confessed, "It's twice the price now. I'm so screw. And I haven't pay half of the debt!" chaeyoung said, "If I haven't paid until the end of this month. They're kick me out for sure,"

And kicking out on senior year in college is the last thing chaeyoung wants. She has to graduate─ no matter what.

"Your scholarship aren't enough?" Jennie asked cluelessly. She raises her eyebrows.

"That's just fund up for the first few bills, the rest is on me." she bite her lips nervously. "Should I just work as a stripper? Do you think they're give me enough money? Or─"

Park chaeyoung is definitely desperate.

Jennie glared, "don't be ridiculous! Why don't you asked your brother for help?" she tried to be rasional.

"That punk is half as broke as me, do you really think he would help?"

"I'm a goner."

Kim Jennie check her phone and saw a message from her dad─ a groaned escaped her lips, then she sees chaeyoung. And decided to thinks for a second. Jennie mischievously walk towards her and check frustrated chaeyoung from behind. She plumb her lips and thinks once more, she begins to said.

"Well then, if you desperate. I have a proposal for you."

-

It's had already passed ten clock and Jeon Jungkook is here. Observing the night skies whenever he need peace from the world. He could see the whole city of Seoul here. But really, tonight was a different kind of frustration instead. He look at the recent messages his mother had send.

MOM
I had already arranged blind dates for you with Mrs Kim daughter.
7pm at the Paradise City Hotel as I booked for a dinner there.
Be there, Jungkook.

-

In all expect of brutal honesty, he begins to hate when his own mother does this. Jungkook's mother was always so obsessed with him getting married with whoever choice she prefer. And what's more frustrating is that, he has no choice but to obey. He wouldn't never have that sort of freedom. Because in fact, Jeon Jungkook doesn't do dates. He never would.

"Your mother?" Jeong Jaehyun, one of his close friends asked. He was having a boys night out with his friends. It was kind of a thing for Jungkook to roam free for a while.

He leans his body against his motorbike through the hills, he nodded.

"What is her obsession with blind dates? I don't want to date." Jungkook took a pair of cigarettes and light it up. He sigh.

He smoke when he stressed.

"Who is the lucky person?" Jaehyun teased.

"I'm not interested to know her name." he told him. "Though I think she will gave her name later." he added. Jungkook could already feel the smoke getting too much so he threw it on the ground and step on it. Both of his hands were on his favourite black leather jacket. It was cold.

"Well, are you going?" Mingyu now asked. Another one of his pals.

He softly scoffed, "Do you think I have a choice?"

"Chill, Jeon. You have to relax. Let's have some fun tonight." Jaehyun cling his arm around his shoulder, as he knows that Jungkook will never refused to the temptation.

-

"Your job is to act like a bitch," Jennie told her.

"─Jennie, what drugs are you taking? Are you actually being serious?" chaeyoung shockingly said. She definitely not in the mood for pranks. Especially when she in a life crisis with the loans.

Jennie rolled her eyes, "don't you want money?"

Kim Jennie had lived in a much more richer world than chaeyoung. She was born a silver spoon. Well that's her father at least, he had always been so over-protective eversince her mother died. And both of them had always been best friends since high school.

"Yes, I want money but this whole idea you thinking off is insane! I won't be YOU on a blind date! What if the guy is total creep OR worse. We got caught!" chaeyoung thinks rational. And to be honest, Kim Jennie had gone insane.

The brunette sigh, "I have a boyfriend," she then spills.

"w─what?" she furrow her eyesbrow, then she had realised what she had just said. "You have WHAT?"

"Since.. when?" she confusingly asked.

"That's not the point here, the point here is that I'm helping you. Think about it, we both have benefits from this."

Benefits? Is Jennie serious? She gasped in disbelief.

"Why don't you tell your dad you have a boyfriend?" she asked out of curiosity.

"You know how my dad is. Always controlling. Remember, there this guy who confessed to me in high school? He literally drag that dude in the mud." she explained. Her own dad scared her sometimes.

"Think how he react when I told him I have a boyfriend." she murmured, getting goosebumps.

Chaeyoung scoffed, ".. and you dragging me into your mess?"

Jennie pouted and sigh, "fine, it's okay if you don't want but the offer still stand. The blind date is on Friday which in three days." she stands up from chaeyoung bed.

"Think about it, chaeyoung." she said.

-

The next morning on her morning classes, she did more thinking. And to be honest, it is bad. There too many risks. If she get caught for sure. But what if she doesn't?

Chaeyoung didn't even bother to listen to the lectures as she's is even more busier thinking about the fees.

Some moment later, a notification was sent through an email from the computer. She click on it and it was another warning for paying the school debt.

"Oh for god sake!" she murmured.

Maybe Kim Jennie idea is not really that bad. Really, what could go possibly wrong?