ETL|03

God I hope she doesn't pick us. There is no way I can tolerate him out of school and there is no way in hell that he is going to MY house.

"Class, settle down," the teacher said and we all sat down. "Today we will be doing partner research projects!" The class is full of mixed emotions. You can hear some sigh, probably the smarter kids, and you can hear some cheer, probably the class clowns. I am with the smart kids on this one. No, I am not really that smart or anything, in fact usually I am cheering for this kind of thing, it's all stupid Louis' fault.

"Amara and Sam," the teacher calls out everyone's names. "And Louis and Jacob!" I fall down in my seat, why me? What have I done? "Now we will be researching..."

The bell rings, "Now don't forget to work on those projects, WITH your partners," the teacher said, probably thinking about me and some other students. 

I leave that class as fast as possible, next is lunch, thank god. I pray that Louis isn't following me, there is no way I am working on anything with HIM. I turn around and to my luck, my bad luck, he is right behind me waving his arm around like an idiot. 

"JAyYy," he calls out annoyingly, "Wait up!" He is drawing attention towards us again... I sigh and wait. "How about we eat together," he asks. "I really don't want to eat with you, I have friends, shouldn't you," I think to myself. I think he took me not responding as a yes, he grabbed my arm and walked with me in the cafeteria line, which some would call romantic. I swear my sister would laugh at me if she saw this. Why did I think of that anyways? Maybe my sister is just getting to me with all of her manga.

We grabbed our food and he took me to an empty table, probably his table, "Let's get this started." Wow he is such a nerd, I never thought I'd see someone somewhat strong and smart. I sound like I am in some romantic comedy movie, I better be the guy if I am. There is no way I am the girl in this situation, not to someone like Louis anyway.

"You in there," Louis says, poking my head. "I am here. But I should be eating my lunch instead." "IIts not my fault you haven't eaten anything," Louis says and takes another bite of gross cafeteria pizza. "It's literally right in front of you. It's not like you are doing the research either...," he mumbles the rest, but I can still hear him. "You took over that's why. If you don't want me here I'll just go," I say and grab my lunch tray. Louis grabs my wrist and pulls me back down, "You can't," he says. "It's a group project. It doesn't matter if I want you here or not." 

Louis and me, yes me I am doing something here too, continue researching for a little while more until Angie walks over, with Elouis behind her.

"Hey Louis," Angie says in her usual pick-me voice. "Hello Louis, Jacob," Elouis says. I honestly feel bad for her. She has to follow some two-faced, pick-me brat everywhere. "Hello Elouis," I say back, ignoring Angie, not like she cares if I talk to her anyways. I think Louis is ignoring her too? "Hello Elouis."

Angie wails, "God," I say. "Get me through this tough time in my life." Louis laughs, "What hard time?" "A two-faced pick-me brat just approached me. I think I am allergic," I say and fake sneeze. She scoffs, "I'm not talking to you, don't get cocky." "Thank God," I say. "Good luck then Louis, I pray God helps you too." Sure, I genuinely hate the guy, but I am not going to leave him with Angie, that's too much for anyone. "That isn't a funny joke," she says. "You are horrible at this."

I look her straight in the eye, "I may not be good at telling jokes," I say. "But your parents are." Louis looks at me, about too laugh and Elouis does the same, I think they both know where this is going. Of course this airhead doesn't. "What?! Why," she yells. "They made a joke 16 years ago and people are still laughing at it." She goes red from embarrassment as everyone laughs, including her crush Louis. I must say I have outdone myself. 

"W-WHATEVER! ELOUIS, COME WITH ME," she yells and runs away with Elouis. I can't believe I just got rid of the Angie Quinn. Everyone congratulates me as she leaves, even enemies of mine. I am pretty sure nobody likes her, but she thinks otherwise. 

Louis looks at me, "I think we could be good friends," he says. "What do you say?" I am one step closer to winning the $100, if I say yes.

I open my mouth and say...