S00E0 - Introduction

Life had grown painfully monotonous. Each day felt like a journey to nowhere, a relentless cycle I couldn't escape. The question lingered: was this my final destination, or was there something, someone, waiting to breathe life back into my existence?

I made my living as a singer, albeit under the rather unconventional pseudonym 'greaseballs2nite.' Singing songs that didn't exist in this world was my unique way of trolling everyone around me. It was my little act of rebellion in a world that often felt mundane and uninspiring.

Financially, I was more than comfortable. Luxury surrounded me, but it was a shallow comfort. There was an echoing hollowness in the opulence that filled my spacious home. It wasn't material wealth I was lacking, but the genuine companionship of friends, whose absence left my world feeling empty.

To combat the ever-present boredom that threatened to engulf me, I often retreated into my tinkering. Perhaps it was an innate talent or some inexplicable gift that had been with me since childhood. I had always possessed the ability to craft gadgets and sophisticated equipment out of the most mundane materials. It was one of the skills that had contributed to my success and financial prosperity.

Yet, despite my wealth and talents, life living alone was mentally exhausting. Every day bled into the next, an unbroken chain of routine. I had grown so accustomed to this life that I could hardly discern one day from another. The walls of my comfortable fortress felt as confining as a prison, and I yearned for a change, something or someone to disrupt the endless cycle and bring a spark of vitality back into my world.

My life had been a series of professional metamorphoses. I'd worn many hats - tour guide, teacher, artist, baker, and a slew of other roles. Why, you might ask? Boredom. It was the specter that haunted my existence, compelling me to jump from one job to another. Variety was my antidote to the doldrums. But it wasn't just my career that bore the brunt of my capriciousness. My personal life remained as changeable as the wind; I'd never committed to a boyfriend or girlfriend, perpetually haunted by the fear that the novelty would wane, leaving me with another dull facet of existence.

Now, as I lay sprawled on my bed, I contemplated my current status. It had been seven months since I'd taken on the role of a singer, and now, I was on an indefinite hiatus. The buzz of the stage, the euphoria of performing, had given way to the heavy silence of my room. It felt like everything I did was missing something, like a puzzle with a piece lost to the abyss.

I couldn't help but scowl at my phone, perched lazily on the nightstand next to me. Notifications blared at me, demanding my attention. Social media was a double-edged sword, a pandemonium of likes, comments, and shares.

With a resigned sigh, I stood up and ambled over to the phone, flicking open my social media app. My last concert had generated a tidal wave of notifications and likes, but my eyes were drawn to the comments. It was a curious, almost masochistic habit, seeking out the hate, using it as an excuse to wallow in self-pity. I scrolled through the scathing remarks, my gaze flitting up and down, as time slipped through my fingers like grains of sand.

A deep sigh escaped my lips as I pondered the direction of my life. "Maybe it's all for nothing," I mused silently, my thoughts ringing in the quiet room. All these pursuits, all the shifts in career, and yet I remained in a perpetual state of inadequacy and loneliness.

Closing my phone, I lay back on the bed, eyes drifting to the ceiling. I was trapped in the labyrinth of my thoughts, yearning for a way to infuse joy into my life without causing harm to myself. The irony wasn't lost on me. I should have been grateful, content even, for what I had. These weren't my lifelong dreams. Once upon a time, I'd merely wished for the simple pleasures of food, shelter, and a warm bath, not the cacophony of grand dreams that had ultimately left me feeling hollow.