S01E07 - Tick Tock

ITS HOLIDAY BBY HYAHAYHAYHAYH

---

In the quiet stillness of that early morning, a desolate landscape stretched as far as the eye could see, with only the dim glow of pre-dawn light breaking the darkness. At approximately 4 AM, in a place so remote it seemed almost impossible to locate, a lone figure toiled beside a massive boulder.

"Three- three thousand and a half-" Brickowski panted, beads of sweat glistening on her forehead as she tirelessly lifted and dropped the hefty rock. Her fuchsia gi's were casually tied around her waist, leaving her clad in a simple compression sleeve shirt and training pants.

As the weight of the boulder pressed down on her, Brickowski suddenly sensed a presence nearby. Her sharp eyes narrowed, scanning the surroundings. The solitude was broken, and she knew she was not alone.

With swift reflexes, Brickowski set down the large rock and settled on the ground, her intense gaze directed towards the unseen intruder. "I swear, if you tell anyone, the consequences will be that you'll be in the middle of a poisonous snake, Lloyd."

A small figure emerged from the shadows, nervously fidgeting with his fingers. It was Lloyd.

Brickowski, her face still flushed from exertion, gestured for him to approach. A nervous gulp escaped him as he obediently moved to sit beside her.

"Um, can I ask you something?" he inquired tentatively, his words hanging in the air.

Brickowski turned her gaze towards him, maintaining her nonchalant demeanor. "Hm?"

Lloyd, cautious yet curious, broached the question on his mind. "Why do you hide it?" His eyes held a mixture of intrigue and uncertainty.

A sly smirk played on Brickowski's lips as she considered his question. "Self-entertainment," she replied.

As the first light of dawn painted the sky in hues of pink and orange, Lloyd couldn't shake the question that lingered in his mind. "But why?" he pressed on, his curiosity evident. "You are... a girl?"

Brickowski, her eyes fixed on the emerging sun, considered his inquiry. "That'd be troublesome to answer now. Let's wait till the others find out first. It'll be our little secret."

Lloyd saluted in agreement. "I won't tell anyone! Umm, ma'am," he added, a bashful smile playing on his lips as he scratched the back of his head.

"Good, you are a good kid, Lloyd," Brickowski praised, her hand gently ruffling Lloyd's hair. In that moment, a warmth blossomed in Lloyd's heart. 

Brickowski turned her head, her gaze fixing on Lloyd with a mixture of curiosity and a hint of amusement. "Also, how long did you watch me train? And how did you manage to sneak inside my mech?"

Lloyd, feeling a knot of nervousness in his stomach, met her gaze but hesitated before responding. "Uhh, Jay hacked your mech, and Kai told me the password," he admitted, fearing her reaction.

A raised eyebrow was the only visible reaction from Brickowski. "I guess it's time to change the password," she mused, shrugging it off. A wave of relief washed over Lloyd as he realized she wasn't angry.

"I watched you... since you left the mech?" Lloyd admitted tentatively, uncertainty lacing his words.

Brickowski, unfazed by his confession, responded with a confident grin. "That means you witnessed my greatness." With a casual flair, she raised her sunglasses, revealing her eyes that reflected the sunlight now fully visible and shining down on them.

--- They head back to the bounty

That morning the Bounty was anchored near a serene stretch of ocean, and the ninja gathered on the deck to witness an impressive display of Zane's unique abilities.