S01E05 - Can of Worms

The episode began with a serene scene as a bird gracefully landed on the Destiny's Bounty, its melodic chirping filling the air. The soft whistling of a tune accompanied the avian visitor. Inside the ship's gaming area, Kai was engrossed in his game, fingers deftly maneuvering the controller. Little did he know, the source of the whistling was none other than Lloyd, who had silently approached him.

Lloyd chimed in cheerfully, "Hey, Kai!" He leaned over the back of Kai's chair, "Ha. Saw Cole beat your high score. You should have seen it. It was pretty spectacular."

Kai, his eyes still glued to the screen, responded. "Uh, you must be talking about Sitar Legend. This is Fist to Face 2. No one beats me on my game." 

Lloyd, undeterred, simply shrugged and flashed a mischievous grin. "Huh. Could be wrong. See ya!" He nonchalantly whistled as he turned to walk away.

Kai's nagging feeling that something was amiss. He hastily checked the high score on his game, and his expression shifted from concentration to sheer rage. He discovered the Black Ninja's profile on the leaderboard, with high scores that eclipsed his own: 9370, 7277, 5759, 4209, and 3224. Kai's body language betrayed his intense frustration and anger.

"Huh? Cole!" he exclaimed, his voice filled with indignation.

(A/N: Honestly, it's just impressive how a kid beat up a grown man in a short time.)

In the heart of the ship's kitchen, Cole was meticulously preparing dinner for the crew, Violet Berry Soup. 

His body language exuded confidence and satisfaction as he spoke to himself, "Mm-mm! Violet Berry Soup, my culinary achievement." His gaze remained fixated on the simmering concoction.

Curiosity got the better of him, and he decided to take a cautious taste test. His body language shifted from contentment to alarm as he sampled a spoonful of the soup. His eyes widened, and he promptly spat out the unfortunate result. His scream of displeasure echoed through the kitchen, and his body language now conveyed a mixture of shock and disgust.

From outside the kitchen, Lloyd's voice floated in,"By the way, I saw Jay spice things up. I told him not to, but he said your cooking could use it. Bye, Cole!" 

Cole's fury was immediate, reflecting his rising anger as he clenched his fists. "Jay!" he exclaimed, his voice filled with frustration and betrayal.

On the upper deck of the ship, the afternoon sun bathed the area in warm light as Jay, donned in his kendo gear, prepared for his training routine with a sparring bot.

"Let's ease our way into this. How about level 2, shall we?" Jay mused aloud.

He powered up the sparring bot, expecting to face a moderate level of difficulty. However, as the bot came to life, Jay's expression shifted from anticipation to surprise.

Lloyd's whistle from nearby interrupted the moment. He commented, "Hey, Jay. I saw Zane try to repair the sparring bot earlier. Isn't that your expertise? Later, bro." Lloyd's body language was casual as he playfully whistled and departed.

Jay's brows furrowed in confusion. His body suggested growing concern as he attempted to regain control of the sparring bot. However, his efforts were in vain as the bot began to laugh ominously, its strikes growing increasingly intense. 

"No! NO!! ZANE!!!!" Jay cried out desperately.

Further up on the deck of the ship, Zane, dressed in his pajamas, was in the midst of hanging his laundry on a sunlit morning. 

 Lloyd appeared on the scene, his whistling breaking the tranquil ambiance. Zane turned his attention, "Hello, Lloyd. What brings you up here this fine morning?" Zane inquired.