25. like a real scot.

Twenty minutes after leaving my flat, I was on a train to London. Remington had not told me what, or how, or when yet, but he had promised.

 He had promised he would figure something out. And the way he had looked at me in my dress, yesterday in the bathroom stall, I knew that he would not let the chance of being alone with me slide.

Worry still overtook my brain, as the train bound for the capital of the country. Once again the questions arose about who could know about all of this. Part of me really wanted to tell Phoebe, but the thought of being forced to sign some type of NDA made me nervous. I was scared to break the rules, but I was even more scared to ask Remington to ask what these rules even were. I did not want to give him any ideas.

I sighed, and decided to just listen to some music, and let the thoughts pass, the way the English countryside was passing me by.

But when I let go of my thoughts for a second too long, Remington was all up in my head, again. I did not want to admit how many times my mind just wandered off to him, as if he was my true source of comfort. Maybe he was, just because he was the only thing that distracted me from the mundanity of life. I associated him with spontaneity and adventure, the things I craved most.

As I arrived in busy London, I could only think about what had happened yesterday. The way he sounded when he called me to cancel our plans... The doubts and worries started again. But he had promised, last night. A flash of his face played before my eyes, most of it overtaken by the shadows in the garden, but his eyes gleamed with honesty.

So, just like yesterday, I sat down on a bench and sent him a message.

I'm in London, what now?

This time around, he did not call immediately, with guilt in his voice. He replied with a text.

I have a plan!!!

Did not expect u to be here this early tho, will call u when I have time

Fuck, yeah. Maybe we should have talked about a time. But I had been so overtaken with excitement to get to the city, and to Remington, that I had totally forgotten about that.

I replied to his text message with a simple 'when will that be?' and he immediately replied.

Getting into vip things now, probably an hour or two

So, I had two hours to fill, and no clue where to go. Mel was not an option: I knew she was busy with work. For once, I had not forgotten to send her a text, the morning after going out together.

 I did not want to go home to my parents, it just gave me an icky feeling. Luckily, I knew one other person in the city. Maybe I could even stay over for dinner?

***

Nan's face lit up as she opened the door, her house comfortably warm compared to the winter cold outside. "Rylin, lassie! Come in!"

My nan was over the moon to see me and cancelled the plans she had with her book club immediately upon my entering. Within fifteen minutes, the coffee table was decked out with all of the tea-time foods you could think of, and I was on the couch with a cup of tea, under strict orders not to move for anything. 

We talked, gossiped about her new neighbours, ate, and just spent time together. I missed being able to randomly visit this place, and be with family. Be part of a family. Just for that, I would move back to London, even if I did not want to. It made me even sadder about leaving the country, someday. 

After a little while, my phone started to buzz in my pocket. I immediately knew who it was.

"Oh, sorry, I have to take this," I excused myself, grabbing my phone. Of course, it was Remington calling.