49. ninety-nine per cent sure.

"Do you know who I am?" I started, surprise taking over. I prayed to god that he just remembered me from the time we met at that charity event, and he not that time he had seen me before, at the party where I openly asked if Remington had been wearing any underwear.

I was too scared, too ashamed to look into Emerson's face. "Yes," I heard him say, and my clenched heart felt like it could relax a little.

"This might come as a shock to you but I was there because... I am with your brother. Or well, I was... Until I did something really bad and I'm really sorry, I came here from Bristol to apologise and..." I took a deep breath, my brain suddenly void of anything to say, "so please let me in. I need to see him."

One corner of Emerson's mouth quirked up. "I know exactly who you are."

"You know exactly who I am?" I repeated his words. What did Remington tell his brothers about me? "I thought Remington only told you he liked someone. Not that that person was me."

Remington's younger brother raised a brow at me. "My dear brother likes to think he is good at hiding stuff from us, but in reality, he is terrible at it."

"Does that mean you know me well enough to please let me in?" I pressed, shooting a glance at the time on my phone. Ten minutes left before Palaye was supposed to hit the stage.

Emerson paused, as if he was thinking about the question, then turned to the security guard who had denied me entry less than five minutes ago. "She's with me. Let her in. Get her a backstage pass."

The security guard nodded, took a key, and opened a smaller door within the gate. Thankful, I stepped through. "Thank you," I flashed a smile at Emerson, "you won't regret this."

"I surely hope I won't." He took the final drag of his cigarette and pushed the butt against the wall as we walked into the concert venue.

And once again, there was hope in my chest.

"I remember talking to you before," Emerson said as he guided me through the hallways of the concert venue, filled with those big, black crates and crew members hastily making their way up and down the floor. "You were at that charity event in London."

"Yeah," I admitted, voice small, "we talked about how shit it was to be there." Phew, he does not remember where else he could have seen me.

A corner of Emerson's mouth lifted, "so is that where you guys met?"

"I, uh," I answered, not wanting to admit where Remington and I actually had met. "I'm not sure if I can tell you that."

"Let me make the question easier for you. I have seen a lady much like you roaming around our hotels for weeks now. Rem thinks he is smart, but Sebastian and I have known about you for a while. You were in our elevator in England. You were the one that kept me awake when..." He let the sentence bleed out, raising a brown, and I was sure I was blushing. "And you were at the charity event, as we've established before. But I just want to know, were you the girl at that event we played a couple of months ago, that drunkenly asked her friends if Remington was wearing a kilt, when our equipment was malfunctioning?"

My heart sank, and I stopped dead in my tracks, my face burning hot in an instant.

"I think that reaction tells me enough," Emerson smiled, his hand landing on my shoulder softly. "Sorry to catch you off guard like that. Sebastian and I," he paused, suppressing a smile, "we might have a bet going. One that I just won."

"Oh." Normally, I would either get angry at this information, or laugh along, but now, as we walked further into the wasp nest that was the venue, the louder my heart started beating. Remington could literally be around any corner, and I needed to have my speech ready to spill. But here his younger brother was, distracting me from that.