Chapter 3

There were 3 days left until Aisha was to leave her home to journey to Pantoran.

Her royal hairdressers had just finished braiding down her hair at the front of her head and adorning them with gold hoops and ivory beads. The back portion of head hair was out in its curly state.

She thanked her hairdressers and dismissed them from her chambers. As they walked out her 4 sisters in law came in. In tow behind them was Nef.

"And what do I owe the pleasure sisters?"

"We have come to help prep you for your trip to meet your husband," Olori says. She is married to Aisha's oldest brother and therefore next in line to be Empress.

Aisha wanted to refuse. Olori, after all, was just her sister in law, but she knew she had more authority over Aisha. And she knew her brother, Mosi, would not like it and scold her.

"And what does that entail?"

"We are going to give you some advice on what to do when you are married."

Aisha was annoyed.

I know what happens on a wedding night. Of course I do. And it doesn't help that my soon to be husband wants an heir soon. What? Did they think I would have to lay with him immediately?

"Do you think he'll intend to lay with me instantly?"

All of her sisters took seats on the plush furniture laid about her room. She sat on her bed facing them.

"Well sometimes a man may not want to wait," Nia says. She is the wife of King Adamako's third son, Bako. "If he knows you are set to be his wife he may not want to wait."

"Oh!" Says Olori, "is that what Bako did to you? He must wait-"

"Ah. Don't be such a prude. You want to be ready if he is ready. Worst thing is if you are not ready and here he goes taking off your clothes," Nia says.

"Well," says Imani, her more gentle and soft spirited sister in law. "Maybe you will like him and you both won't want to wait for the wedding night. It will not hurt if you're well prepared. We just want to make sure we send you with information."

Aisha could appreciate that they just wanted to help her. She had never been with a man before, and didn't know what to do entirely, but she had an idea.

"My intentions are not to fall in love with him. I definitely will be waiting for the wedding night before I even think about laying with him. I do not even know the man. And sisters I think I have an idea of what I must do. Please, I beg, let's go no further with this."

"No, no, no. You must know what you are doing, not think." Says Olori. M

Nef sits quietly in the corner mortified as she listens to her sisters talk about their wifely duties to Aisha. Learning how bath oils makes your skin alluring and soft, placing perfume oil on all of her trigger points, wearing alluring things when they were in the bedroom together.

Learning how Nia gives exotic dances to her brother was where she officially tuned out.

Aisha on the other hand was taking mental notes of everything they were saying. As much as she didn't want to accept their advice she was happy they were giving it.

——————————

The last night of their stay in Mardalia there was a feast thrown in Aisha's honor. Her family was celebrating her union. The celebration was grand. The event was held outside on the pavilion, under the sunsetting night sky. The temperature was warm but cool from the breezes that whipped by.