Chapter 4

The caravan of riders and wagons slowly approached the town outside of the castle walls. The people of the village looked up at Prince Atticus and Princess Aisha.

There were little boys sparring with wooden swords who stopped to wave at the pair enthusiastically. Aisha was shocked and raised her hand to wave back at them.

A man that was walking stopped to bow at them and smile, as they rode by. It seemed as if all of the subjects stopped to wave at Atticus. He was well liked by the people.

A little girl calls out from the side. "Prince Atticus!"

Atticus slows down his horse as they meet her path. She has a beautiful white flower extended.

The little blind girl stares up at Aisha with wide adoring eyes and a big smile.

"This is for you Princess."

Aisha smiles and takes the flower. "Thank you so much."

The little girl smiles bashfully and takes off running. Aisha straightens back up in the saddle and tucks the flower under the cloak with her.

"I am glad to see you well received by my people."

"As am I your highness. I feel very welcome here so far."

Atticus smiles, looking at the back of her curly head of hair.

The gates are open as the caravan crosses through to the castle. Aisha is stunned at its magnitude. It's massive and she wonders how she will learn the place.

It wasn't the square concept she was used to in her own kingdom.

"Welcome to the Kingdom of Pantoran. Your new home." Atticus says kindly in his deep voice.

When they arrived at the steps leading to the castle, Atticus dismounted the steed and helped Aisha down.

"Thank you your highness," she said gratefully.

Standing face to face Atticus could take her in more. She was breath taking and her exotic features were beautiful. He was so intrigued with her and couldn't wait to know her more.

"Come, there are a few people you should meet."

He leads her through a set of dark, heavy wooden doors with a silver plaque engraved with their family crest situated in the middle.

He leads her into the castle and down an ornate hallway lined with photos, swords and shields, armor and other things. The family's colors were evident everywhere. Blue and white, like the dress she wore. He lead her into a great hall where his father and mother sat in their thrones.

Atticus lead her to the base of the stairs that lead to them.

"Mother and Father, I introduce to you Princess Aisha."

Aisha bowed as low as she could go before looking up at the two. "It's a pleasure to meet you, your Majesties. Thank you for welcoming me to your kingdom."

The Queen stood up and made her descent down the stairs. She reached out for Aisha's hands and smiled upon her.

"You are so beautiful! I am so excited to call you my daughter in law in due time. How was your journey here?" She spoke cheerfully.

Aisha was taken aback by the Queen's warm approach, but did not let it show.

"It was pleasant, your majesty. I quite enjoyed sailing and the solitude the ship offered, but I am glad to be here now."

"We are a sailing people." She paused, "King Eirik come down here and meet the Princess."

Queen Izella looked to her husband then back to Aisha with a twinkle of excitement in her eyes. Aisha could see the excitement that the Queen had. Axel has explained that their mother only had 3 sons. No daughters to share womanhood and feminine things with.