Chapter 10

The royal wedding was 2 days away.

Queen Izella was busy making sure everything went as it needed. She had risen before the sun had even thought of rising. Her lady maids, cooks, and servants all getting ready for the festivities that were to ensue.

Breakfast was being prepared, the arena for the tournament being handled by the men servants, flowers were being plucked to greet her guests. Everything was going perfectly.

Until she saw a caramel skinned woman leaving the room of her youngest son, Axel. The young lady was tip toeing down the hall discreetly, peering around hoping not to be caught by anyone.

Queen Izella marched down the hall and began banging on her youngest sons door. When he didnt answer it immediately she threw the door open to find him scurrying to cover himself up.

"What did I tell you?! No sleeping with the servants," she yelled shrilly.

"Mother, must we do this now? We have guests, lower your voice," he whispered forcefully.

"Axel this has to stop! And now you are sleeping with our guests' servants. Do you know how much of a scandal this will cause?"

He scoffed. "Mother, the Mardalians do not care." He got up with his sheets wrapped around him and put on his pants.

"I care!"

He placed his hand on his mother's shoulder.

"I am single and I will enjoy any woman that I please. Now, please, leave so that I may bathe and get ready for today's activities. This is Aisha's and Atticus' day, do not make it about me."

Queen Izella stared at her son's indifferent expression, when an idea came to mind. She would show Axel she was not to be messed with and if bachelorhood was what made him a deviant, she would change that.

"You are right my son. You are single and this must be what single men do."

"Exactly! I am thrilled that you finally understand. Lets enjoy this day," he said as he walked her out of his room. As he shut the door behind her, she smiled.

Oh yes. We will enjoy this day.

Queen Izella had decided. Axel must be next for betrothment before he brought home an illegitimate, bastard child.

------------------------

There was a rapid knock on the door.

"Princess Aisha, I am coming in," Hilda called.

Hilda opened the door to the sweetest sight. Aisha and her sister cuddled together in bed. She almost felt bad for waking them, but today was a special day, and she couldn't allow them to be late.

She began opening all of the heavy curtains, shedding light in the room. A groan came from the bed. Aisha rustled and sat up.

"Hilda? The sun has just come up," she cried.

"I know. We must begin your preparations. Maeve will arrive soon with your dresses, Mona will need time to do your hair, and not to mention Princess Nef here will need assisting too."

"Hmm?" Nef said sleepily as she sat up.

"Good morning Princess, I am Hilda, at your service."

She yawned wide and smiled. "Morning."

Hilda smiled. What an adorable girl.

"I have your baths ready in the bathing room."

"No bath in here today?"