Chapter 31

Chapter 31: Duck Shenanigans (Part 2)

        Jonas was sitting in a soft and comfortable spinning chair. His hands was at the back of the chair tied up. There were 3 pairs of eyes staring at him. All of those belongs to the Vigilantes.

Good news, Jonas wasn't in some sort of Illegal lab where they would experiment of him and his meta human like abilities. Bad news, he was in the Batcave.

After screaming, Nightwing calmed down and immediately subdued him. He then brought carried him and tired him up on a chair.

Along with Nightwing, there was Robin and the Stabby child staring at him. Robin then walk towards him and brought some sort of strange looking device on his body.

" 15°c or 59 ° F is his body temperature. "

Oh, it was a thermometer. Why make it look cool when it was just a thermometer.

" It wasn't showing any signs of going up or down. "

Robin continued and muttered his name.

" Jonas Cane. "

" Yes? "

Even with the domino mask covering his face, Robin was probably narrowing his eyes at him.

" You're not Jonas Cane. "

This is an interrogation.. Jonas doesn't like this. Jonas then replied.

" I am Jonas. "

Since he doesn't know his original and identity. He could only latch on Jonas as his new identity.

" According to your files, you are suffering from a severe case of Retrogade amnesia. "

" That's true. "

There wasn't any memories left from the original Jonas body. The only thing that he have was something that he gained from the fear gas. And it was also the same case for him. He was missing most of his previous memories.

Nightwing then approached him with a stethoscope. He put on ear tips of the stethoscope to his ears brought the drum to Jonas left chest. He listened for a minute before saying

" He has a heartbeat of 27 per minute. "

Jonas squirmed on his seat. There, another proof that he wasn't human. He was okay with people discovering that he wasn't human with Marionette Henchman. He was also fine with scaring little kids and the servants at the Cane Manor. What he wasn't fine is his parents and respected adult figures finding something wrong with him. Lowering his head, he avoided to look at the Vigilantes.

[ The Eye is disappointed. ]

[ The Archivist should record. Always look and watch at everything. ]

" Are you a human? "

Nightwing asked and Jonas didn't reply.

" It's alright, if you aren't human. Even if you are a ghost or a demon. "

Nightwing softened his voice as if he was comforting a lost and scared child.

[ The Web says gentle humans can also be deceptive ]

After a few moments, comforted that his dread gods are watching over him, Jonas replied.

" Not a demon.. "

" Then.."

" Not a ghost either. I'm not also a zombie which you have accused me earlier Mr. Nightwing. Can I go home and see my parents? You probably wouldn't believe me but I have no intentions of harming anyone other than scaring them. "