Chapter 32

Chapter 32: Someone who used to be

Monday, the first day of classes this week. But instead of being in Gotham Elementary, Jonas Cane was spending his time at the Cane Manor with the servants and his pets.

It was also the same case for Rosalie, Luke, and Bethany. They remain in their home because they were done with fear gas even though Jonas was certain that the effect of fear gas on them has worn off.

A smile lifted on Jonas's face as he let Uttu climb up wherever she wanted on his body. Right now, her favorite spot is his neck and going up to his face.

She was getting closer and closer until his eyes could only see her 8 eyes staring back at him.

' Adorable. '

Jonas can feel himself grow more fond of Uttu.

Even with most of his memories from his past life missing, Jonas knows that he was someone who wasn't fond of bugs and dangerous animals.

The former him wouldn't find something like a spider crawling up your face as adorable.

The 'Jonas' that used to be that person right now found that he doesn't care and is bothered about it.

Just like how he wasn't the child who was the real Jonas Cane, he wasn't also the person in that past life.

The real Jonas's body wasn't the only thing that changed when it became an avatar but also himself.

Jonas's body was missing its inhabitant. He was missing most of his memories and body...

With the events that happened lately, Jonas wondered.

Did he die?

Or did his Fear Gods just decide to choose some poor soul and insert it into this world?

They were amoral beings at all with no regard for humanity and ethical dilemmas.

The answer to it along with his real name wasn't something that Jonas would obtain easily.

Firstly, he must uncover the death of the original Jonas himself before he can start asking his feared gods for the truth or searching for it by himself.

While he let Uttu stay on his face staring at him while he thinks of his past, he then heard the voice of someone familiar.

" Cane. "

The voice of Jonas Cane.

Jonas then decides to place back Uttu at his artificial habitat before staring in the direction of where the voice came from.

Turning his body to his bedroom window, he could see Little Duck crouching on the window sill. He looks so intimidating despite him being a child. And why is he still using Jonas's voice?

It was strange.

Little Duck then stepped into his room and walk forward to him holding an injection.

At the sight of the injection, Jonas asked.

" Do I need to? "

Still, even with the question, Jonas brought his arms forward and tuckered up the sleeves of his shirt a little.

" It is necessary. "

" What if it wouldn't work? "

Little Duck then uses the injection in his arm. The needle pierced it. The fluid inside the injection filled up his body.

" Then try. "

Little Duck then took out the injection from his arm and then brought cotton and a band-aid. But it wasn't needed since his body was already healing.

They both waited for a few moments for the sedative to take effect.

" It wasn't working. "

Jonas muttered. Little Duck clicked his tongue displeased before passing him a blindfold.

" Plan B. "

Jonas then took the blindfold from Little Duck and covered his eyes. The light was blocked by the fabric. There was only darkness that he could see.

Jonas discovered the fact that he doesn't like his eyes being covered. Approaching Jonas, Little Duck made sure that the blindfold is tight before gesturing to someone in the door.

Jonas could only use his ears and nose to grasp his surrounding. He heard the thud. Another person enters his bedroom. There was a rustle and Jonas was being manhandled. Jonas remained still as he could feel the grip of another vigilante. on him.

There was a rush of wind and gravity for a moment before the person landed on the ground.

" Please be patient kiddo, we would have you on the batmobile soon. "

Oh, it's Nightwing.

" Okay. "

Jonas said before choosing to remain in their entire journey with his body still a doll and not squirming like a worm. When they sneak out of the Cane manor and are placed in the backseat of the batmobile, he chooses to remain quiet until they have arrived at their destination.

Night wing then guided him out of the car before removing his blindfold. Blinking his eyes, Jonas stared at the structure in front of him. They were at a warehouse near the docks.

" Let's go inside Kiddo. "

Smiling, Nightwing ushered him inside.

There were crates and boxes inside the warehouse scattered around. There are a lot of vacant spaces in the warehouse. Along with the items, there were two people. One was familiar while the other wasn't.

One was Robin while the other was a blond man in a trench coat.

After questioning Jonas last few days ago, they decided that they can't trust him and verified the authenticity of his word. It is known to the 3 vigilantes that he wasn't a normal meta. They wanted to know if Jonas has any malicious intentions and wanted to harm people.

But they don't think that they were equipped properly to interrogate a strange meta like Jonas. Demons and ghosts aren't exactly their expertise. Jonas isn't a demon or a ghost but Robin ignored him when he suggested to Nightwing to contact their associate. They told Jonas that they would contact their associate and met Jonas soon once their associate was at Gotham City.

It was now Monday evening and this person with blond hair in a trench coat must be the guy they were talking about. Someone knowledgeable about demons and ghosts.

Glancing at him in irritation, the person grumbled before muttering some indecipherable words while looking at Jonas. After a while, the person's eyes widened.

" Wanker!! What is that disgusting piece of shite?! It's mental! "