Part 19

"What rumors?" Joey inquired, becoming progressively more baffled. Like me, he was used to being left alone, not having random girls come up and talk to him.

"You didn't hear!? Everybody's talking about it! I can't believe you don't know!" she exclaimed, practically salivating at the mouth over spreading the juicy gossip.

"Hear what?" I asked, perhaps more forcefully than what was polite. Her exaggerated stalling was beginning to wear on my nerves.

She looked down at me and gasped. "It can talk?! That's so cool!" I bristled at her remark. Her unfortunate use of the word "it" instead of "she" jogged my memory. I recalled now where I had heard her voice. She was one of the group of students who had opened the roof on the human dormitory, violated my boundaries, and rudely rifled through my personal belongings, while I hid under the sink like a coward. Regardless of whether her misuse of words was intentional or just naivety, I was nevertheless still offended.

"Yes, I can talk. And I'm a person, not a thing, if you don't mind. Don't refer to me as an 'it,'" I snapped as I crossed my arms. I retroactively felt a minor twinge of regret for my harshness; maybe I was being unfair to her.

However, the giantess was unfazed by the asperity of my tone, if not entirely oblivious. "Wow! Amazing!" she shouted eagerly. I had to admit, her bubbly personality was infectious, and I found myself warming up to her, as much as she grated on me.

"Anyways, what were you saying before?" Joey asked her, in an attempt to guide her back on track. I noticed he wrapped his hand around me protectively and drew me closer to him, as if worried for my safety. I felt a burst of loving gratitude towards him for his concern.

"Oh yeah, I was just about to tell you! The principal was fired!" she proclaimed. "One of the students saw him clean out his office and leave, and reportedly he was pissed!" She bumped the table with her fist for dramatic effect, making me jump. Joey gripped me tighter in his hand. "But here's where it gets interesting. Whoever saw him claims he was cursing and raving about some human student making him lose his job."

Joey and I exchanged looks. I was relieved I wouldn't have to deal with the principal being at the school anymore, but I didn't like the idea of making an enemy out of an evil, sadistic giant like him. I realized then where Mr. Henderson had been all this time. He had all the components he needed to prove the principal's crime: a kid in the hospital, video feed from the camera, a bloody fishhook, fragments of my broken phone, even my missing bike still in the principal's office. Against the avalanche of evidence, the principal would have no way to exculpate himself or defend his inexcusable actions.

"So I'm dying to know, what did you do to get him sacked? You can tell me!" the giantess urged, leaning in closer.

I shook my head, not wanting her to spread my dirty laundry, so to speak, all over the school. "I don't really want to say, sorry. It's a very painful and personal matter."

She pouted with disappointment. "Well, at least confirm this little tidbit for me. Is it true you were in the hospital? Plenty of folks saw Joey here rushing you out in a medical emergency the other day."

"Yeah..." I admitted begrudgingly. There was no way for me to deny that rumor. She bobbed her head knowingly. I was certain she, and everybody else, had already connected the dots, and she just wanted confirmation and more details to converse about with her friends.

"While I'm here... I've never seen a real live human before, in person. Do you mind if I... take a closer look at you? I'm very curious," the giantess requested, toning down her hyperactive manic energy a bit. "Humans are a rare sight on this side of the wall, and I've never been lucky enough to interact with one."