Chapter 4

The sea of stars illuminating the peaceful vast dessert, was slowly being covered by thick murky clouds, it was blocking its light like what it did to the brightest jewel of the sky.

   In the midst of the silence, an energetic laugh can be heard.

I killed two just these day..
    A man fully shrouded in complete darkness said in a quiet satisfied tone.

Only two?? HAHAHHHA, how weak.
    Another voice sounded.

Can both of you stop that nonsense, each one of us was not even on par with him..
     It is impossible to see the man's expression but base on his reaction, he was somewhat irritated.

Oh my, if I remember correctly you've been beaten badly by him during the last hunt.

Tsk, don't poke someone's most sensitive wound.

Wound?...it's been a hundred years already .
    The man mockingly retorted.

The group of atleast 3 man was continuing their scuffle as they unhurriedly and unobtrusively pass a cave.

The 4 people who originally was having a chat inside, was guardedly hiding themselves as they absorbed what the three possible perpetrators are talking about.

Shh...
     The clad in white whom Cale felt both likable and will become a source of stress. Decisively scooped him up from his sitting position towards one of the corners at the entrance where Cale originally hide himself before he was discovered, at a speed that did not allow  him to process what was happening. As  soon as he heard the man himself spoke about the presence of people outside.

Cales Vision  was completely full of darkness, as there was no source of light inside.

There's no doubt that these three people he met was truly a powerful figure in this world as he have a feeling that even in this completely black area, they are communicating for what to do next.

At this point in time Xie Lian timely received a news from the heavenly court.

On the other part of the cave where Cale couldn't see, Fen Xing and Mi Qing nod their heads as soon as they heard the news.

Xie Lian already reported the presence of suspicious people in the area , that's why the other heavenly officials can send their own representative to pin down these troublemakers more cleanly as the perpetrators are undoubtedly good at running away.

Cale who looks completely clueless that the originally 4 person group was now only 2 in numbers played his role very well.

Let's Go.
    The man said , without breaking his hold to one of Cale's shoulder.

Cale silently followed the man, as they are about to exit the ceiling of the cave the man again spoke.

The other two, had gone out already.
     Xie Lian felt that it was necessary to tell this to the kid as he was always looking back inside.

As I expected
    Cale didn't voice out his thought.

On the otherhand, Xie Lian was feeling conflicted as he gaze to the still clueless kid. It's not that black hair was uncommon, but the name he heard can undoubtedly be  connected to this boy.

Hold on to me, were going...
       He said to the black haired kid,

Cale obedient hold to the man's clothes, and as soon as he did that, he only felt the cold touch of wind and his body being lifted up from the ground, what followed is the blurry surroundings and nauseating inhuman speed.

He really lost the count of time, as he burried his face to the mans side to prevent the wind from violently hitting his face. Cale closed his eyes as he allowed the man to give  him a free ride.

It didn't take long for his feet to finally feel the ground.

We are here,
     Xie Lian said.

What greeted Cale as he opened his eyes was a  field full of trees and not far away theres an illuminated place, that looks like an area filled with night life.

Cale was just about to break his hold to the man and maintain his distance when, he suddenly felt that his legs have no strength

The f...
     He was just about to blurt out a bit not  so good word, when he remembers his image as a good innocent kid.

Be careful...
   Xie Lian, immediately stabilize Cale, as he was about to fall on his butt.

Because of the still weak Cale, Xie Lian didn't think twice to have a break for a moment and in that spare time, Cale done his job as a curious character. He throws questions after questions and by the end, Cale was really dumbstruck on this man's good natured character.

Cale had an inkling that by following this protagonist he can find Choi Han, and also it is also beneficial for their search to have a powerful people as their ally.

As the place filled with lights gets bigger and bigger. A field of red warmly greeted his vision

Wow!! It was much more beautiful than I imagined.
     He thought. Cale forgot that just a minute earlier he was feeling dizzy because of the speed.

Well who can blame him, Red might seem blinding to stare at because it was too bright, but the sight in front of him was incredulously not hurting to the eye, the sea of red in the midst of the busy street and pure dark night fitted each other well.

Cale have no time to enjoy the lovely sight that greeted him as his gaze flickered towards the residents of the area. If  Cale have no prior  knowledge about this ghost city, as  home of both the dead and some living, he's stoic gaze will really crash.

Cale gulp as he saw the big butchering knife easily cutting through the dismantled flesh of who knows what animal.

He moves closer to the man and again hold the hem of his clothes.

End of Chapter 4.....

Mini Theater

Cale: My name is Callen, Your Highness

Xie Lian: You know me??

Cale: Ofcourse who wouldn't know the Ghost king's wif... cough*  companion.

Xie Lian: blushed* by the way he may have found your brother.

Cale: Oh, you mean your other half as expected he is skilled at everything....thank youu...\(◎o◎)/

Xie Lian: ʘ‿ʘ