Chapter 10

Seeing the kid stumped for words, Xie Lian regretted asking that kind of question, Hua Cheng on the other hand look at Cale like he was really waiting for a serious answer.

"I'll be on my way,"
Saying this Xie Lian flash an apologetic smile towards Cale.

Which didn't help the slightest.

Cale felt that, there's really no wonder that this Crown Prince didn't lost himself to the events that ordinary and too sensitive person can be driven mad.

Xie Lian with Hua Cheng in tow, strode towards the exit of the room, leaving only Choi Han looking at Cale with the gaze that anyone can read that tells "Don't worry Cale-nim your still the best"

Cale can even imagine a thumbs up emoji, that was dedicated to assure him materialize in front of him.

"Fuck that reassurance"

Going back to the reason of Cale' s inability to say something back in return.

The culprit was now walking side by side with Hua Cheng.

The red clad was the first one to break the silence.

"Should I go with you"

Still not halting on their steps, Xie Lian lifted his gaze, only to see Hua Cheng's sullen expression.

Seeing this he didn't know whether to laugh or cry.

"Do I still have the dice?"
Xie Lian Joked, not giving a direct answer.

Hearing this Hua Cheng halt in his step, which makes Xie Lian follow suit.

"What's wrong"
He didn't thought that Hua Cheng was dead serious in accompanying him in this mission.

With his eyes unblinking, he look up at the man who was still no comment.

Hua Cheng on the other hand, already noticed that they are nearing the door going outside of the Manor.

With the enemy unknown, there's really no way he can't prevent the feeling of wanting to stick close to Xie Lian during this mission arise.

But he clearly knew he mustn't

"But those child..."

Xie Lian failed to continue, as the words he was about to say was completely swallowed by the lips that covered his mouth....

His eyes widened in shock for Hua Cheng's sudden assault. The coldness eminating from the body that now entirely envelope him was engulf by those burning gaze directed at him.

That still have the ability to make him shiver.

After the initial shock, Xie Lian parted his lips,  fully accepting the warm flow of energy being passed to him.

As soon as he did that he was startled once more...

The borrowing of spiritual energy didn't last long, as Hua Cheng retreated on his advances.

With his arms still around  Xie Lian's waist, he trace the lips  of the other party with his thumb stopping at its corner.

His eyes never leaved the others face, fully wanting to see every miniscule change on his expression.

"Thattt - that......
With a reddened face Xie Lian was the one to speak...

Seeing Xie Lian become flustered to the point that he was still out because of it...

Hua Cheng's dropping mood, recover a little.

Not hiding his smile, he lowered his head again to give a peck on  that still slightly parted lips.

"San Lang..."
Xie Lian finally snapped out of it...

"Next t..time....if you wanted to give spiritual energy just do it.... do...don't do that..."
   He really did not expect Hua Cheng to be able to  trace every corner of his mouth within  that short amount of time while sending him spiritual energy..

"Oh...what don't?
Hua Cheng raised an eyebrow upon hearing that, with his face still full of smiles. He look back at Xie Lian with innocence.

"You mean you don't need spiritual power anymore? Is that so??

With a hand  on his chin, he looks like he was deep in thought.

Now it was Xie Lian's turn to be speechless..

"San Lang..."
He defeatedly repeated...

Finding that Xie Lian was all red due to his teasing, Hua Cheng finally have his fun, so he no longer made it difficult for the other.

"Don't worry your Highness, I will look over the two"
He said full of sincerity.

"Just focus on what must be done"
He added,

Seeing that Hua Cheng's face was not that cloudy anymore, Xie Lian also felt  at ease.

"Thank you, San Lang."
His dilated eyes, tells it all.

The owner of that bright eyes, was now deep in thought

Seeing Xie Lian who was earlier was his usual self, show a look of lost.

Feng Xin finally opened his mouth.

"Is there something wrong , your Highness"
He didn't bother to use the communication array, as he also know that the other 3 was also itching to ask the question.

Seeing the six pair of eyes at him, Xie Lian blink- confuse of why they are looking at him.

"Honestly, what's, gotten into him,"
Mu Qing with disdain said without even controlling his volume.

After voicing his thought, He clicked his tounge, upon remembering how Xie Lian look like, upon returning from Ghost City.

"Really, at a time like this"
Mu Qing, without wanting to see Xie Lian lost in his thought, increase his speed and walk a step away from the one they are following.

  Tai Hua, on the other hand didn't said anything. He just continue to walk side by side with Xie Lian.

His eyes not even landing at his three other companion, as he was also lost in his own thoughts.

The Lan's heavenly tea, he learn it's existence from the wishes (prayer) he received not long after he became the Martial God of the east. On that time, he didn't think too much about it, but now, he realize that the voice of that wish owner was worthy to overthink about.

"How come that I can hear that same mortal voices' for the last hundred of years"

It's not that he can recognize how many voices was different and what are the same, but to be able to hear that same voice, feel that same aura and amount of devotion without any change for a hundred of years was making his head buzz with questions.

End of Chapter 10....

Going back to the story...Be honest, if you find my writing somewhat confusing as I was jumping from a character to another and pulling a flash back in the middle...,Okiee😘

Btw Thank you for Readingg..