Chapter 12 

"Are you okay?" Jungkook asks, pulling away and stopping your swaying bodies.

You've been dancing for at least ten minutes, enjoying Jungkook's hold on you and even though his scent and proximity feels relaxing, after seeing Hoseok you can't bring yourself to actually enjoy any of this.

Jungkook must've noticed your tensed body, your cheek still pressed against his shoulder until he pulls himself away to check on you. His warm but dark eyes are nothing but worried, as he stares at you while nibbling on his bottom lip.

"I feel like Hoseok knows," you murmur, stealing a glance where he sat just to find an occupied seat by someone else. "He keeps giving me this weird look, like he knows."

Staring into Jungkook's eyes, you're met with a deep sigh as he pinches the root of his nose. "Yeah, I've noticed."

"Y-you— noticed? That's it?" you breathe out, irritation creeping its way out.

You've been losing your mind over him and all the possibilities, meanwhile Jungkook knew all along and didn't care to bring it up.

"Look, I didn't want you to worry. I'll talk to him." he sighs, ready to flick your forehead but he stops when he realizes what he's about to do. Instead, he strokes your cheek causing you to snort at him.

He grins, amused by what just happened and slowly looks around to check if anyone has seen.

"Do you think that would help?" you ask him, smile dropping as he slowly leads you towards the bar.

His hand is securely placed on your lower back, just like for the most of the evening, and you're probably enjoying the warmth of his hand more than you should.

"I hope so," he admits, "I just think he's a little bit skeptic about us and it's not like we can blame him. We said hundreds of times we will never date, practically cringed and gagged whenever someone teased us about it. I was dating his best friend and all of the sudden I'm dating mine. He's everything, but not stupid. But I know he'll get used to it, we just have to get through this phase and he'll be back to the sweet Hoseok we all know."

You're about to object, reminding him that you don't know Hoseok that well and ever since Jungkook came up with this idea of the two of you dating, it seems like he doesn't like you. Maybe not even that, but there's just something about him that gives you a weird vibe off him. It's like he's constantly watching you, ready for you or Jungkook to make a mistake or something.

Before you can voice out your thoughts, Jungkook already calls for one of the bartenders and orders a drink.

"Don't worry about it, okay?" he says softly, making sure no one else can hear him. "I'll take care of Hoseok." he tells you, thanking the bartender when he places the drink in front of him, just for him to give it to you.

"What about me?" you ask him with widened eyes, growing nervous that he's about to leave you alone in a room full of strangers.

Taehyung and Jimin are nowhere to be seen, and with Hoseok lurking here, you feel like it's the matter of time before he confronts you for God knows what.

"Just enjoy the night," he shrugs, causing you to scoff in return. "I'll be right back." he promises you, turning around and walking away from you as soon as he sees you opening your mouth, ready to protest.

"Asshole." you mutter, fingertips touching the cold glass of the drink he ordered you.

With a sigh, you take a sip from it, sounds of people chatting, laughing and music playing in the background, is the only thing you're trying to focus on. There's nothing you can do right now.