Chapter 55

"You okay?" Namjoon asks after a few moments of silent walking, your thoughts running wild until they stop and your entire mind is just... blank .

"Mhm."

Namjoon doesn't look like he wants to pry, probably contemplating between being respectful or caring enough to talk to you some more. Your short attempt of response says the opposite of what he's asking.

"Okay..." he mumbles just as you reach the cabin. He holds the door for you and all you can muster in return is a weak attempt to smile in gratitude. Met with a dimpled smile, he motions his head toward bathrooms. "Go, take your time. I'll wait here."

Nodding, you see him sitting on one of the couches you sat just two hours ago, waiting for Yoongi. God, you can't even bring yourself to wonder how it's looking at the campfire.

Are they questioning Jungkook? Are things awkward? Well, the two of you have taken care of that.

The throb between your legs starts to intensify as soon as you get under the warm water, cheek stinging which makes you hiss. It's nothing serious, not even the stinging bothers you just as much as the fact that it's a fucking reminder.

To be honest, you're not quite sure how to feel. Are you disappointed? Despite all that, you don't regret having sex. It eased some of the anger and you both needed that. Even if it wasn't the smartest decision in terms of your situation. This has just gotten even more serious without any of you wanting it. Talking seemed out of question. You weren't ready to talk for whatever dumb reason. And then things escalated. So much that you're in this mess deeper than at the beginning.

It started with dumb argument over your ridiculous jealousy and escalated so much that you've argued with Jungkook again. And then he fucked you in the freaking woods.

Rubbing your face harshly, you wince at the pain your uncontrollable rubbing causes to your cheek. Washing off any other remains of the sex — the washable ones at least — you get out of the shower and dry yourself. You don't want to keep Namjoon waiting regardless of his decision and the kindness of accompanying you here. You dry your hair quickly too, shrugging off the fact that you didn't previously want to get your hair wet. But in your empty slash frustrated state you got under the shower fast and mindlessly, hoping it would clear your mind.

Once you step out of the bathroom and see Namjoon patiently waiting, the door opens and Taehyung walks in. His eyes find you across the room, long strides coming up to you just as Namjoon notices you and second after he does Taehyung.

"I got it from here, Joon." Taehyung says, clasping his hand over Namjoon's shoulder. "Are you good walking back on your own?"

"Mm, yeah." he says, not sounding too sure but he decides to give you and him space.

You watch him walk away, out of the cabin into the warm summer night as you stare, dumbfounded. "What is this about?"

Your questioning doesn't surprise Taehyung, his face clear off any hint of amusement or excitement you're used to seeing on him. Instead, he remains quite serious which for obvious reasons makes you uneasy. Taehyung can be serious. You've witnessed it a handful of times but this time, it feels different. Maybe it's just because of what happened.

After all, you're quite embarrassed how things ended up — especially when there are other people who might not have witnessed everything (thank god) but they've witnessed enough for you to feel embarrassed. They clearly know you and Jungkook are not on good terms, they must've known shortly after you arrived. But right now they know things are even more intense. Argh! It's not like you care too much about them, but it's embarrassing regardless.