Chapter 36 

"Ow, what the fuck," Jungkook yelps loudly, straightening himself so quickly that he almost knocks you in the face with his forehead. "It hurts!" he whines.

"Man up," you scold him, pushing his head back to the pillow that's on your lap.

You're met with a deep scowl of hurt on his face mixed with a glare he's giving you, but you ignore him. In his defense, it was your idea to have a pampering night and you practically forced him to put a face mask too. In your defense, he's the one who kept complaining about that one pimple on his cheek that you so gladly (because you're such a good friend) have decided to take care of. He could easily pop it himself but like you said, you're such a good friend that you told him to lay down, even made it comfortable for him, and started taking care of his face.

It's been two days since you and Jungkook made up. You've been feeling like a shit even after apologizing, knowing the fault is mostly on your part, and that's why you've decided to call him over in hopes he'll agree. A small part of you knows that the reason for wanting to hangout with him is mostly because you need to assure yourself the two of you are fine. Maybe popping out his pimple isn't the best solution how to assure yourself but you already know that you're just fine and there hasn't been any permanent damage done to your friendship.

"Do you have to do it so harshly?" he scolds you in return, flinching when you press a little too hard but it's the final touch as you pop it out with enthusiastic yelp. Yes, perfectly fine friendship.

"Hand me the make-up removal pads please," you tell him, ignoring his scolding as he obeys and hands them to you.

You wipe his face again, using toner right after as he finally allows himself to relax knowing the worst part is already behind him.

"All done." you call out excitedly, slapping his cheeks a few times as the glare is back, making sure you see it before he sits up.

By the time you're cleaning and tossing all the used and dirty pads to the bin, putting your skin care products back to its place in your bathroom, Jungkook is watching a movie you turned on. The pink rabbit headband that held his hair from his face is long gone, tossed on your coffee table.

You plop on the seat next to him, feeling fresh from the mask and products you put on your face. Both your and Jungkook's faces are glowing from your effort, despite Jungkook's previous protests.

The two of you go back watching the movie you so successfully ignored from the beginning, not really minding you've no idea what's the movie about in the first place, well if you don't count Jungkook reading the description of it when you were choosing one.

"Where will you be on New Year's Eve?" Jungkook asks, eyes still attached to the television as he munches on the popcorn you prepared at the beginning of the movie.

Christmas is getting closer each day, so is New Year's Eve. It used to be a tradition between you, Jungkook, Jimin and Taehyung to celebrate New Year together as a group of friends. However, last year Jungkook celebrated separately with Kiko and her family in Japan. From what you can remember, he felt really bad about not living up to your unspoken tradition and even debated whether he should go. As much as you wanted to celebrate New Year's Eve with him, it'd be selfish of you to say and admit that to him knowing he'd probably stay.

It was kind of a last minute plan as Kiko's family invited them to celebrate New Year's Eve with them. You still remember him stressing over the phone when they started dating and he was about to meet her parents. He was so stressed and almost frightened, trying to think of ways to impress them. But you told him he doesn't have to do anything, just be himself because he's already enough. He's Jungkook for fucks sake. There possibly couldn't be a better boyfriend for her and her parents.