xChapter 11 - The Cafeteria Conundrum (3)

At Burrito Bistro, Mesto-Presto is sitting at the counter chatting with the owner of the store, Cedro Garcia.

"Hey Garcia," Mesto-Presto began to say as he sorted through the register, "today's been a pretty slow day, huh?"

"Yeah, things really slowed down after that Griffon guy left," Garcia began, "I wonder what he's up to."

"Well if you ask me, Garcia, I wouldn't want to know. I know a lot of people really liked him but something about him just didn't sit right with me. Maybe it was the fact that he was just too good at chopping up meat."

__________________________

Ronnie & Elizabeth are in Starlight High's kitchen as Griffon lunges towards them as he holds two items in his hands. Despite it being two against one, the two instinctively knew to keep Griffon a safe distance away from them. As Elizabeth hopped over the counter & Ronnie ran towards the wall, Ronnie switched on the lights, however as he flips them, he turns to see Griffon right next to him about to hit him with the weapon he's holding in his hand.

"You're too predictable," Griffon states as he goes for an attack.

However, before he can land the hit, Elizabeth comes in with a roundhouse kick on Griffon causing him to drop one of his weapons, which was a pair of tongs.

"Thanks for the save, I didn't know you knew taekwondo," Ronnie began to say before Elizabeth cut him off.

"Ronnie, we need to focus, I tried to cause him to drop his other weapon but I couldn't," Elizabeth states as she starts to sweat.

"What's the other weapon?"

"A knife."

Ronnie freezes up as he looks over to Griffon. Griffon chuckles before revealing the other weapon he is holding is a pizza cutter.

"Close but no cigar," Griffon smirks, "Don't worry I'll only use the sharp side!"

Griffon runs at Elizabeth and swings the pizza cutter at her, instinctively, Elizabeth dodges it, however, that was all Griffon's intention as he uses his other fist to land an uppercut on Elizabeth. Ronnie quickly runs over to Griffon and kicks him in the chin. Griffon steps back a bit before tossing the pizza cutter at Ronnie. Ronnie catches it but Griffon manages to get close and he puts Ronnie into a chokehold. As Ronnie tries to catch his breath, Elizabeth rushes over and performs a back kick on Griffon causing him to let go of Ronnie.

"A-Are you alright?!" Elizabeth asks

"N-never better," Ronnie states as he tries to catch his breath.

Gabriel Griffon stares at the two as he begins to pick up a frying pan. Ronnie & Elizabeth begin to try and get ready to fight back but they're already too exhausted and the adrenaline is fading quickly.

"I really didn't want things to get so bad, but you really leave me with no choice, I need to finish what I started!" Griffon yells.

Griffon goes to swing the frying pan at the two kids' heads when a big hand grabs onto Griffon's shoulder. Griffon tries to move but their grip is too strong

"WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?!" The person holding Griffon roars.

Griffon tries to say something but the man punches Griffon with all of his fury, a punch so powerful Griffon is left unconscious. Ronnie & Elizabeth look stunned as they see that the person who defeated Gabriel Griffon, was the teacher aide Ray Ramirez.

"You kids alright?" Ray asks as he wipes a muffin crumb off his face.

Ronnie & Elizabeth look to see that the door leading to the teacher's lounge is open with the chemistry teacher, Sam Penningberg, on the phone with the police.