Chapter XIII

3rd Person POV:

The following weeks were quite calm for Team Flash, of course they had to fight some metahumans, but that was already part of the routine for Barry and the rest of his team. As he and Caitlin had promised, every Friday, they left STAR Labs and went to clear out. The first week they just went out to dinner and to the movies. In the second week, they went out to dinner and wandered through the streets of Central City. In the third week they had a small picnic at night in the park that was close to STAR Labs. In the fourth week they decided that they wanted to explore the nearest villages and ended up finding a kind of small fair, with some fun attractions, like small roller coasters, game stalls and a giant wheel, which wasn't very giant. Already in the fifth week they decided to extend the date a little, and first they went out to dinner but ended the night at a disco until the early hours of the next day.

However, all these weeks served for much more than simply clearing their heads, as they also served for these two incredible beings to realize that what they felt for each other had stopped being just a simple friendship. However, the metahuman of this day was not equal to the ones they have been fighting for these five weeks.

Desire Master was the name given to him by the citizens of Central City, because in all the robberies he makes, he makes his victims experience their greatest desires. The truth is that capturing this metahuman hadn't been the complicated part, in fact both Barry and Wells thought it had been too easy, but as soon as Desire Master entered STAR Labs he cast his "curse".

Barry
Barry had just put on the metahuman when his "curse" took place.

"Barry, do you think we can talk?" Caitlin asked.

- Of course, did something happen?

- No... I mean yes... What happened is that I finally woke up.

- I do not understand.

"Better than explaining to you, it's better to show you." Caitlin said getting closer and closer to me and kissed me.

I confess that the kiss took me by surprise, but it was something I had imagined for a long time. Never in my wildest dreams did I think Caitlin would be kissing me at this very moment.

- What does this mean? Caitlin, what did this kiss mean?

- It means I like you! And that I'm tired of hiding what I feel. You know I haven't been in love with anyone for a long time, but ever since I came to Central City and entered that asylum I knew my life was going to change. And the truth is that I ended up falling in love with you! It wasn't planned at all, but it happened!

"I like you a lot too, Cait," he said and suddenly Caitlin was gone. "What the hell happened here?" Was this real?

- Not precisely! Let's say your subconscious has taken over your conscious. What happened now was your greatest wish to be granted.

Caitlin
I was checking the city's surveillance cameras, when I see that there's a signal of trouble in zone C of STAR Labs. Quickly and without worrying the others, as I'm not sure if there really is a problem, I got up from my chair and walked over to where the signal had been displayed from my computer. When I got to zone C, I saw Barry leaning against a wall.

  - Everything is fine? You look kind of strange.- I said as soon as I reached his side.

- Do you think I can confess something to you?

- Of course, we're friends, you can tell me anything.

- That's exactly the problem. The fact that we are friends! I don't know if you knew but before I was The Flash, I was completely in love with my best friend, Iris West. However she never felt the same and I thought she would never get over it, however a new doctor came into my life and changed it. She believed in me when no one else did, she got me through all my traumas and helped me get back to the life I love. We work every day together and every day I thank God for having the opportunity to be close to her.

- Barry, I...

- Do not say anything. I'd rather confess my love for you and not have it returned than spend years and years thinking about how it would have been if I had told you. I love you, Caitlin Snow! Every day I fall more in love with you! I don't know if you feel the same way I do, but if you do, I'm ready to give us a chance.

- I feel... I feel the same! I was afraid to tell you and lose your friendship. But I can't hide what I feel for you anymore, Barry. I love you! - I exclaimed and suddenly he disappeared, leaving me alone in the middle of the corridor.

After Caitlin had been thinking about what had just happened for a few seconds, she joined Barry and the rest of the team and listened carefully to what Barry told her about the metahuman they had captured and it was at that very moment that so much Barry Allen as Caitlin Snow  had realized that they had fallen in love with each other.