CHAPTER 2 - The Big Mistake

Hello! I will be sending the Chapter 3 maybe... later- Im not sure what time cuz my schedule has been full lately. Oh yeah, you're still reading right? oh well then, go ahead. - Justine☻

We were at 'Drab: Market'. This is where we bought our gear for surviving the Nextbot apocalypse. We went there to get another supply of colas. And then my Radar started getting some signals of Nextbots.

"ZYTHIA! We need to go" I shouted.

"But I'm still buying some stuff-" Zythia said.

"I said we need to go...!"

We went into our monster truck. After a split second we heard people screaming and explosions from the landmines. Good thing there was a wall that protected the market. We managed to drive back to a small motel near Seraph Facility. The hotelkeeper didn't even care when we entered. He just pointed to the jangling keys hanging on the wall. We went inside and made ourselves at home.

"Phew... That was close." I said as I put on my ponytail.

As I said that, my radio started buzzing. I picked it up.

"... Ether, where the crap are you guys?!" the radio broadcasted.

"Haru no need to scream! Your always like that when we go traveling." I replied.

"Well, I'm always guarding the base."

"At least you don't come with us."

"I'll be waiting, remember to be back after dawn."

"Okay, Dad."

"I hate you." He said as he ended the call.

Haru's POV

I ended the call. I started getting worried after a while. I went outside to get some fresh air. I never really thought I would be alone like this for a few months. Ether and Zythia have been traveling without me for almost like 12 times now. It's true, I've been acting like this ever since Ether decided to travel far away. I didn't think I would be alone. So, I called Gav, a friend of Ether's.

"Gav? Wanna come over?" I asked.

"...Sure! I'll be there in a while." Gav replied.

"Ok. I'm here at base."

"Okay." Gav said as he ended the call.

At least I have some company while I'm here. After a few hours, I got startled when the main computer in our safehouse started beeping rapidly until I opened the cover.

I saw a small radar and a place where you can call anyone using a small telephone connected to a radio. The radar shows that a Nextbot just passed by here and downed someone. I checked his vitals and it looks like he isn't doing good. His abdomen and head were slashed pretty awfully. Hopefully Ether can make it in time once she's back.

Ether's POV

After a few hours it's already 11:30. We were almost back home. And then someone started honking their horn. It looked like a motorcycle.

It was Gav. I guess he was coming to the safehouse too. I drove faster and took a left turn at 92 street. Then I stopped at a gate that had lasers at the front. It magically opened and we went inside. I went out of the monster truck and Zythia followed.

"Gav! What brought you here?" I excitedly asked.

"Haru asked me to come. I thought you guys went out?" He replied.

"We came back after he called. He sounded like a dad though." Zythia said sarcastically trying to make it look like she was gonna make us laugh.

Haru had just went outside and said: "Wow, the sarcasm in that is offensive."

"Um-uhm... Well-" Zythia stuttered.

"Don't. Just to say you guys came at the right time. There was a signal that someone has been downed somewhere between Arid Ruins and Drab. They probably didn't notice the sign." Haru interrupted.

"What do you mean 'sign'?" I asked, a curious feel in my mind.

"There was a sign I placed when you guys were gone. Maybe it got knocked over cause of a sandstorm." He said. I looked at his face. Apparently, everyone did. Haru's face looked worried like he did something wrong. Like he caused the guy to get downed.

MY EXAMS R COMING NEXT WEEEK!!! send prayers - Justine☻