Chapter one: Another normal day

"It's another normal day in the very normal month of September,today is a new day. All of the previous days and their shit's gone alright. Girl you gotta get up and go, mhmm let go of all that useless insecurity, you are beautiful and Caleb was an idiot. You knew well enough he couldn't keep it in his pants, girl! Are you listening to me!... "
" Adaline! "

Sharon snaps over the phone in her slightly pitchy mezzo Soprano

"Yh yh I heard everything babe" I say rather flatly.

" You lyin' to me and you know it, ok you leave me no choice. I'm coming over. "

"I'm not 14 anymore, Sharon c'mon".

"Damn right you're not. You're 32and single, again. I'm coming over, got it. "

" Ugh you are such a pain in the ass"

" I love you too" she says mocking my attempt at an insult.
And with a click the call ends.

"Another normal day"
She heaves a sigh and looks at herself in her full length dressing mirror.
"Another day to hate men"

She dances to her new morning playlist with "Survivor" by Beyonce cheering her on while she applied her bold red lipstick.

"Yass"
She smiles to herself.
The look is complete, a beige and red pants suit combination never looked better making her voluminous black curls standout.
And let's not forget those curves,black girl magic.

Strutting out of her very own Penthouse suite there's Omar,the "parking lot police"  waiting with her sleek grey Ferrari.

"Say hi to the boys and the Mrs for me" she says as she steps in to the car" I'll be watching you,don't you go smiling at those random girls on the street now"

10 minutes and she's at work.
" Hey Georgia how was the weekend?"
"Good miss Clark. You have a package ma'am,from a certain Caleb".

" Burn it"

The CEO of one of the most popular ceramic manufacturing companies and also partner to other chains of businesses would never be taken for a fool.

For goodness sakes she studied industrial Chemistry,got a degree in Business and recently finished a Cosmetology course.

"The Queen is here"
Sharon announced as she stepped into the large office.

" Welcome your highness" I said trying not to sound sarcastic "you're late your majesty"

"I own at least a quarter of this company.
I can be late for the rest of my life and still be rich."

They laugh.

" You know you have to speak to Madame Corinne sometime like now. You know how huge this deal is for your cosmetics venture,you can't lose her"

Should I employ my absolute pain-in-the-behind best friend to be my PA?.
On second thought,nope.

"I know my dear Sharon. I heard a rumour though that she only works with married persons,how unfair."

" Could be true ,could still be a rumour. So really now ,how are you?"
She asked, concern in her voice.

" Fine fine" I say flatly.

" Mm forget that cheating scum you'll find someone better ok."

I nod very enthusiastically but deep in my heart I'd already vowed never to look at another man again.

Just as Sharon was about to start another round of pep talks I'm saved by Georgia.
" Miss Clark your 9:35 meeting with Mr Alex Evans from The Decor Place is in 5 minutes shall I send a reminder?"

I gladly say bye to Sharon and drown myself in work for the rest of the day.

Falling asleep and reciting my new mantra "this heart won't ever hurt again,I promise."