Ch1 Inkoming! Elijah!

The rays of the sun shine onto a young squid in bed. This squid is named Elijah, and he is about to go on a journey that will change not just his but others lives too. But his story will unfold as you read (obviously).

We find our young squid waking in a bed made up of cardboard and a tattered blanket. He gets up and goes over in the corner to change. His clothes are dirty as the ground around him. He picks up his lucky splattershot. It's lucky because his sister gave it to him, he hasn't seen his sister since they were mere children. He walks to the door of the shack and opens it letting the sun shine bright on him,

Elijah: alright world, let's boogie.

Elijah steps out of his house into the splat lands, a desolate waste filled and abundantly hot desert, he walks behind his shed and hops onto his modified reef slider, one that will travel indefinitely but won't explode or ink at all. He travels far and wide looking for anything that catches the eye, anything he can sell. He's a little poor on funds at the moment if you couldn't tell.

Elijah finally stops at a heap of scrap metal and other junk. He steps off his reefslider patting it on the back as if it were real and walks over to the pile. He rummages and rummages and finds a few noteworthy things and stores them in his satchel. While rummaging a paper flies straight into his face.

Elijah: gah!-

He takes the paper off his face realizing it's a flier. He reads it, it's some sort of tournament for a turf war battle at Inkopolis.

Inkopolis is a city where inklings and octoling alike live. It's a great place to be the freshest squid kid out there. Apparently three two famous idols are found there as well. Pretty neat right?

Elijah skims the flier a bit more.

Elijah: A turf war, huh? 4v4... Begins at the end of this month... winning team wins... 1 million gold each!?!

Elijah was shocked to the core, with that kind of money he could not only get some fresh clothes but maybe even a house! He currently lives in a not too shabby shed.

Elijah: I- I have to do this! I'd be able to live in a city and meet new people, maybe even make friends! But besides that, I need to find a team.

Where would he find a team, not just that but a good team...

Splatsville.

461 words
I hope you like this lil pilot of a story, I will try my best to pump out chapters but until then, remember to always ink the walls. Cya squid kids!