Ch3 The Wind Down

Alex: That sounds.. Stupid.

Elijah looked a lil embarrassed.

Alex: But, anything is better than my ex-team. So.. Even if it is kinda stupid.. I'll join you Elijah.

Elijah: Booyah!

Elijah threw a fist into the air,

Elijah: Welcome to the team...
He paused.

Alex: Alex, your brand new back-liner.
She smiled,
Alex: But one more thing before I join.

Elijah tilts his head,
Elijah: Yes?

Alex: You need a glow up... heavily.
Alex was looking at Elijah up and down.
Alex: If you want to win, you have to at least be somewhat presentable.

Elijah: I am! I think..
He looked down at his clothing.

Alex: No you don't, and the rest of the team probably agrees..

Elijah: Rest of the team?

Alex: Yeah, the other 'Splatlanders'? Where are they?

Elijah stared at her smiling.

Alex: There are others, aren't there??
She asked once again, gaining silence from her new leader.

Alex: Oh cod we're screwed...

After some time, Alex brought Elijah Shopping. Unfortunately for her, she covered the expenses but at least her new leader doesn't look like a mess. Elijah's new clothing was pretty cheap due to the blandness but it will do.

Elijah: Now what?

Alex: How about we hang at my place for a bit, and then decide what to do next there.

Elijah: Sounds like a plan!

Elijah smiled. He had made a new teammate and a new friend. What a day.

The duo arrived at Alex's apartment. It was a couple stories up so it had a pretty good view of Splatsville.

Alex: Welcome to my apartment, I'm actually gonna go rest for a bit. I had a long day. The tv remote is on the coffee table. Just, make yourself at home.

Elijah: Sure thing, sweet dreams.

Elijah went and sat on the couch grabbing the remote and flipping the tv on. Alex went to her bedroom, locked it and laid down on her bed.

Alex(thoughts): Man.. kicked from a team, then joined a rookie team.. What am I getting myself into here.. Elijah does seem pretty nice though.. Still, I hope he's good at turf..

With Alex's thoughts slowly drifting in her head she slowly drifted to sleep.

307 words
Sorry for any long waits for chapters and if they're kinda short, I'm trying to write as much as my brain will allow. Thanks again for reading, remember to take breaks regularly! Stay fresh squid kids!