Ch2 Team Troubles

After some time Elijah had made it to splatsville. He entered the city finding himself engulfed by the aesthetic. Many art made by the citizens were scattered on the walls and billboards everywhere. The sound of the train rumbling by above him. He was amazed to say the least.

He walked around checking out the stores. The ones that interested him the most were the clothing stores. He didn't have the money to buy anything there but he was told that new items that may be cheaper could appear there daily. So he took a mental note.

But the place that drew him in the most was the Lobby. Many inkling and octoling stood in front of it chatting and having fun. He navigated the crowd entering the doors to the Lobby. As soon as he entered the sound of the jukebox filled his ears. More cephalopods were in here as well. They were training with the blowup dummies.

That's when four people appeared in the kettle near the stairs. One was thrown out, dropping their e-liter 4K on the floor.

??: Ow! Hey-

??: Don't even Alex, you totally threw that match for us!

One of the three still in the kettle scolded. Elijah couldn't make out who was talking.

Alex: Ok, look. It's just a little loose streak, nothing to be-

??: No! Ever since you joined you've been dragging us down, I knew we shouldn't have let you in. Sorry, not sorry, but you're cut from the team.

With that the ones in the kettle disappeared, most likely going into another battle but now just having a rando join. Alex sat there defeated. Elijah had to do something. He walked over to and picked up the e-liter with one hand—even though it was kinda heavy for him—and extended his other hand towards Alex.

Elijah: Hey, need some help?

Alex looked up at this random person.

Alex: I- just leave me be..
she sighed.

Elijah: I would.. but you're kinda get stared at by every one in here..

Alex head perked up and she looked around noticing how everyone was just staring at her and the events that unfolded. Her face got as red as a tomato. She grabbed her gun from the stranger and went into the locker room.
Elijah looked back at everyone and waved.

Elijah: You guys can go back to what you're were doing..

He chuckled awkwardly. He then went in to the locker room after that girl.

Alex was on the couch hugging her knees, her E-liter lay against the arm of the couch. She was mentally beating herself up for failing her ex-team.
Elijah walked up in front of her and said,

Elijah: My offer still stands.

Alex slightly lifted her head,

Alex: You again? Look I told you to leave me be, didn't I?

Elijah: Well, you did... but I can't leave someone alone, especially what happened back there.

He sat beside her. She noticed but didn't do anything.

Alex: They're stupid anyways.. a bunch a stuck up jerks looking for the best team to win that tournament.. apparently I'm not good enough for that.

Elijah: Tournament? You're trying to win that too?

Alex: Well duh, it's a great reward. I really need it right now. But without a team you can't join, and now I don't have one so-

Elijah: Then join me.

Alex: What? You're kidding. Didn't you see what happened out there? They kicked me out because I'm not good enough, besides I don't even know you.

Elijah: I'm Elijah, leader of...

Alex: Of?...

Elijah: ...the...

he thought diligently. He needed a cool name to one, recruit people, and two, just have a cool team name.

...

...

...

Elijah: Splatlanders!

673 words
Hey squiddos, just poppin in to say thank you for reading. It's just a story idea that popped in my head and decided to continue. So I'm trying my best to pull through with this story. New chapters soon! Remember, use your meal tickets! Stay fresh squid kids!