Ch5 Route 108

Outside the city, we find our two inklings standing next to a reefslider.

Elijah: Alright, you all packed?

Alex: Yup, I brought some drinks for the ride.

Elijah: Booyah!

Elijah hopped onto the reefslider hooking some gear to its fins.

Elijah: That should... hold. Alright get on.

Elijah scooched up a bit. Reefsliders aren't really made for 2 passengers. Alex sat on the saddle, barely having any room.

Elijah: Alrighty, you're gonna wanna hold on.

Alex: To what?

Elijah: Me silly!

Alex: Wha- I am not! I'm sure I'll be-

Elijah suddenly jerked the slider forward nearly making Alex fall backwards. She instinctively hugged onto Elijah. Her face heated up in embarrassment.

Elijah: Ok, let's get going.

Alex: Yeah..

The two zipped off on route 108 making their way to inkopolis.

Several hours later..

Elijah and Alex stopped on the side of the path to take a break. Alex stood out in an open area, she unpacked a small some baggies of drinks. Elijah looked at her kinda confused.

Elijah: how did none of those spill??

Alex: hush and be thankful..

Alex handed Elijah a small blue drink. He sipped it then immediately drank the whole thing.

Elijah: Man! That was so good!!

Alex: Thanks, homemade recipe.

Clink Clink Clink

While enjoying their drinks, something unexpected happened. A splat bomb landed next to them. Elijah was the first to see it and tackled Alex to get away from it.

Alex: Ack- what the!? What was that!?

Elijah: Splat bomb, get your weapon.

The two got up and ran to their stuff. Alex grabbed her E-liter and Elijah, his Splattershot. They both scanned the area. Another splat bomb was thrown at them, which they dodged. They both ducked behind some cover.

Alex: Who's attacking us!?

Elijah: ... look over there!

The attackers finally showed their faces. At least 7 octarians appeared over the ridge.

Alex: Who are they?

Elijah: Octarians, I had some run-ins with them before. Not them specifically but you get the gist.

One octarian spoke up and shouted to the duo.

Octarian: Give up now, you're not gonna win against all of us!

Elijah: I hate to say it but she's right.. against all of them we can't win..

Alex: There's no spawners near us...

Elijah: I'll cover you, get to the reefslider and go.

Alex: what!? Didn't you hear me? No. Spawners. You get splatted, that's it!

Elijah: I know, just... either way they're not going to let us live.. if there's a chance I need to take it. There's no way we both make it to the slider before they catch up. So I'll distract them and you run to the slider and go.

Alex: No I wo-

Elijah: Nuff' talk.

Elijah ran out from the cover and rushed the octarians.

Alex: Elijah!!

Alex was stuck, does she run like Elijah said or does she stay and help him. Does she high tail it or help her team.

Alex: Not this time..

Elijah ran up and splatted one Octarian but the other immediately fired on him so he dove for cover behind a rock. He was trapped, but that's the plan. Keep them focused on him so Alex can escape.

Splat!

Elijah heard a splat and the firing stopped for a second. He perked out and saw one less Octarian than before. He then saw a laser tag another Octarian before they exploded into ink. He turned around and saw Alex giving him a little wave before aiming in again.

Elijah: heh..

Elijah jumped out of cover firing upon the enemy. Another splat leaving only 3 left. But Elijah only saw 2, that's when it hit him, literally.

Octarian: Scum.

The Octarian snuck up on Elijah and struck him in the face with her weapon. The strike made Elijah fall over and drop his weapon. The Octarian picked him up and held him at gunpoint.

Octarian: Hey!! We got your friend here!! If you don't give up now, he gets turned into a puddle!!

Alex: crap...

Alex cut her losses and stood out of cover holding her hands up. Slowly putting her charger down.

Octarian: Good...

The two other Octarian began to approach Alex. Both weapons trained on her ready to fire at any second.

Clink Clink Clink

Another splat bomb, but not the Octarians, or the Splatlanders.

???: Take that ya tentacled inkskudder!!

The splat bomb took out the Octarian holding Elijah hostage, and scathed Elijah. Everyone was shocked to see another figure standing upon a sand hill.

???: Time for the rest of ya inkskudders..

The figure's hair exploded into a glow.

Alex(thoughts): a special...

!!!
Zipcaster!!!
!!!

The figure zipped between the two Octarians, splatting both of them with a couple shots from their dualies. The special ended and the figure stood in front of Alex.

???: Sup squid, looked like ya need help.

Alex: yeah.. who are you??

Scarlett: The name's Scarlett, your brand new hero.

894 words
Sup squid kids, thank for reading! I hope you're enjoying the story. I would like to say, some things in the story may not be exactly like the splatoon gameplay. Like how "Scarlett" didn't fly back to their original position after zipcaster ended. I hope you understand because it just makes things easier and kinda cooler. Anyways, enough ranting. Remember, always battle daily for catalog ranks! Stay fresh squid kids! Cya