Ch4 Wakey Wakey

Alex woke up in a sweat.

Alex(Thoughts): My dream.. what could it mean?

She was thinking for for answers when she looked over at the time.

Alex: 7?!

She nearly yelled. Last she checked it was 4 pm, now it's 7 am. So that means..

Alex: I overslept!!

She just wanted a nap, but she accidentally slept through the rest of yesterday.

Alex: Oh cod, Elijah!

She nearly fell out of bed scrambling to the door, unlocking it and rushing to the living room. He wasn't there. She then heard a noise in the kitchen.

Alex: Elijah?

Elijah: Alex? You're awake! I'm making some sandwiches for breakfast. Sorry I kinda stole from your pantry..

Alex: Oh it's fine, just uh.. I kinda overslept..

Elijah: Yeah, I noticed. I just slept on the couch."

Alex: Ah, I'm so sorry I don't do that usually..

It was true, she didn't, she was never that tired before.

Elijah: No worries, truly. How about we just have some breakfast, then we can figure out what to do after."

Alex: Sounds good to me.. sigh.

After the two had breakfast they both brainstormed what to do next.

Elijah: We need to find two more members to even be eligible to join..

Alex: Unfortunately, most people here are already a part of teams. It's normal to spend the month before a competition training.

Elijah: What if we go to Inkopolis, I bet there's a bunch of unrecruited people there.

Alex: Can't, railways are out of service for the week. Apparently hammerhead bridge is under repair.

Elijah: We can take route 108

Alex: 108!? By the time we get to Inkopolis, the railway will be open!

Elijah: On foot, but I have faster transportation, should take us maybe one to two days at the longest.

Alex: huh? What kind of transportation?

Alex: Is that a reefslider!?

Elijah: Not just any, this one is for travel only. Won't explode, found it broken in the splatlands. So I fixed her up and made it for fast transportation on the sand and other terrain if need be.

Alex: What did you do before you met me?

Elijah: I'm a scrapper.

Alex: Have you ever played turf in your life??

Elijah: Of course!

Elijah: I sneaked into some matches at scorch gorge..

Elijah: I accidentally used someone else's spawn box by accident though...

417 words
Ice cream splatfest!! Mint chocolate chip team!! For anyone reading this after the fest, you all did amazing!! Stay fresh squid kids!!