Side Chapter: Alex's Dream

Alex stood in the void, nothing around her. She breathed in, taking in the peace. Until something broke the silence. Her old team in the distance was running at her, not to greet her though. They had their weapons in hand and had them raised at her. She knew their intention and ran. She could only run for so long before her legs would give out. Her team was getting closer and closer. Then the unthinkable happened, she twisted her ankle and fell. She looked up to her team having her at gunpoint, she teared up and cried.

Alex: I'm sorry! Please! You don't have to do this!

She begged. To no avail, her past leader raising his N-zap right between her eyes. She closed her eyes tight waiting for the trigger pull.

Click

SPLAT!

Alex opened her eyes, she heard a splat but it wasn't hers. She looked up and saw a puddle where her leader was and the rest of the team looking behind her. She looked back and saw a figure in a tattered cloak holding up a splattershot. She couldn't make out their faces before they rushed at the rest of her team. Her ex team ran past her ready to fight. One with the carbon roller tried to crush the figure, but they managed to dodge incredibly fast and smacked the roller user and splatted them with a shot to the head. Then the splatana wiper user tried to slash at the figure but they also dodged those too and covered the distance between them. The figure grabbed the splatana with one hand and ripped it out of the grasp of Alex's former teammate. They threw it aside and shot up the inkling with no remorse. Alex watched traumatized. That's when the figure looked over at Alex. She started to scootch backward as the figure approached. Alex knew she couldn't escape so she just put her hands in front of her face.

Alex: Please don't hurt me!

She pleaded. The figure then extended their hand. She looked up to get a glance at their face.

Alex: Those eyes, it can't be..

Alex: Elijah?..

365 words
Stay fresh squid kids!!