Lies and Lust

The big day had arrived. There she was in a Channel custom made white wedding dress. Thaddeus stood at the alter, with Christopher as the priest next to him. Michael was seated right behind Lisa's mother, Natasha, Carl and other close friends and family.

Elegantly, she strode, smiling as the song by UB40 played. It was all she ever wanted, a beach wedding with a beautiful view of the ocean. The bouquet of red roses she held tight. This was the moment forever began.

After a speech and exchange of the rings, Christopher said, "If anyone here has an objection to this marriage, speak now or forever hold your peace,"

Just then, an uninvited guest arrived. It was Andreas.

"I object!" He shot three bullets in the air from his rifle. He wore a black tuxedo, and was walking right to Lisa, with a necklace that had a diamond ring as it's pendant. Everyone was frightened. He was at the alter, and stared at Lisa, who was being protected by Thaddeus.

"If I can't have her, no one will!" Andreas yelled his brothers signature catch phrase and shot Thaddeus right in the heart!

"Thaddeus!" Lisa screamed in fear as Thaddeus fell to the ground.

"You monster!" She said to Andreas. He smirked and pulled the trigger of his gun, shooting Lisa right in her heart.

"Lisa! Lisa!" Her mother called.

"Wake up you need to get to court!" She woke her up opening the curtains.

"Just a minute," Lisa mouthed covering her face with the blanket.

Her mother pulled the blanket from her face, and sat on the bed.

"Lisa hunny, are you sure you want to do this?" Her mother asked.

Lisa removed her eyewax and sat up straight, not knowing what to say.

"I mean, he brought you home yesterday, and you seem to be forgiving him," Lisa's mother said.

"Mum, let's just get to court. I don't want to do this, but there's nothing else to do. I've come too far," Lisa said in a sleepy tone.

"Alright," her mother grimaced, "get dressed quickly. We need to get Natasha and Michael's mother."

By nine in the morning, the courthouse was full. Everyone but Thaddeus' father was in attendance.
Thaddeus' father had a heart attack that morning and was rushed to the hospital.

"All rise!" The judge announced.

The opening remarks were made, and the moment of truth had arrived. What was Lisa going to do? Also in attendance was Candace's family, although no one knew who exactly they were.

Lisa's lawyer called her to the stand.

"Lisa, what do you remember the night that Thaddeus stabbed you?" She asked.

"Well, I don't remember anything," Lisa lied.

"You don't remember seeing Thaddeus? Him texting you to meet him?" The lawyer asked.

"No. I don't remember,"

"Okay. Why did Thaddeus stab you?" Her lawyer asked, trying to paint a picture of a devil called Thaddeus.

"Thaddeus didn't stab me," Lisa lied and surprised everyone! She was looking right into Thaddeus' eyes and something in her would not let him go to jail, for a very long time.

"Lisa, what do you mean Thaddeus didn't stab you?" Her lawyer asked. Lisa then stuttered. Michael's parents were in tears. The only hope of them ever getting justice for their son was dwindling.

"I mean, he didn't stab me," Lisa said. Her mother put her head down, failing to fathom what exactly her daughter was doing. Thaddeus' lawyer, an opportunist that he was used this to his advantage.

"Your honor, redirect," he said.

"Lisa. You're saying to the court that Thaddeus did not stab you, so what exactly happened?" Thaddeus' lawyer asked. Lisa looked at Thaddeus, his eyes making her lose her sanity.

"I hurt myself, with a loose metal somewhere in the alley, and Thaddeus helped me,"

"In the almost a year you've been with Thaddeus, been his girlfriend, had he ever been abusive towards you or the people around you?"

Before Lisa answered, she looked at Natasha who was utterly shocked and fanning herself. She looked at the floor with a frown, never once glancing at Lisa.

"I mean he's passive aggressive,"

"So who is Thaddeus?"

"Thaddeus," Lisa looked down and smiled, "he's the love of my life. He's my best friend, my source of laughter and sometimes my source of anger. He motivates me. He is my heart. That's Thaddeus," Lisa proclaimed her love.

"I know he's so many things to so many people," Lisa continued," but to me, he's my light and darkness. The Hades to my Persephone. "
One of the jurors was left in tears, and  no testimony given after Lisa's would have an impact at this point. After seventeen hours of deliberation, the judge found Thaddeus not guilty for the charges of attempted murder on both Lisa and Natasha.

Natasha and her family never looked in Lisa's direction, neither did Christopher's mother, or Camilla, or Michael's family. What had she done?!
Did she just loose her best friend?

Lisa's mum was invited by Candace's family later on for dinner. Lisa called Natasha forty seven times in four hours, texted her fifty three times, and sent her a hundred voice messages. She needed someone to talk to, so she left and went to Thaddeus' home in the evening.

"Thaddeus!" She called from the porch. All the lights inside were on, and there was rock music playing.

"He's not here!" Yelled a husky voice from inside.  The voice was that type of husk from too much whiskey and marijuana, although it had a calmness to it.

"Can you tell him I came?" Lisa asked screaming. The music suddenly stopped and she heard footsteps down the stairs and a young man smoking a cigarette blew smoke in her face. It was Andreas.

"Oh it's the girlfriend," he leaned against the door.

"Yeah, it's her, I mean me." Lisa shyly introduced.

"Yeah your little boyfriend's at the hospital," Andreas took another huff.

"And who are you?" Lisa asked.

"I'm Andreas, Thaddeus' brother, nice to meet ya," he blew out smoke and smiled.

"You're lying. Thaddeus doesn't have a brother. He had a younger sister named Beth,"

"You know about Beth ha? He's serious about you,"  Andreas smiled.
Before Lisa could say anything, she sneezed due to the cold that evening, and the clothes she wore not really giving warmth.

"Bless you," Andreas said after she sneezed, "would you like to come inside? I'm sure he'll be home soon." Andreas said and Lisa entered the house.