First impressions

Harry's pov

As people began to board the train, he began to feel people staring at him. He was beginning to dread 5th year. Ron and Hermione had to go and find the prefect carriage, leaving Harry by himself.

Bored, Harry decided to read a book which he has had for years. So long, he didn't remember where he got it from. The tattered book was a dark lilac colour with golden flower like patterns across the cover. The pages were slightly bend and an ivory colour. In gold cursive writing, the title said "Alice's Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Caroll". For some reason the book gave him comfort. Perhaps it was the idea of a magical world with talking cards and rabbits with watches or being able to get away from this reality to another. In the front cover, a message was written in black ink,

"Happy birthday, hope you like your present! I've read it lots and I like to think I'm the mad hatter (you could probably guess why)and I think you're Alice because you're always very kind to people especially those you care about.(also you're kinda naive). Hope you like the chocolate as well. Don't worry it won't make you shrink.
Love, Rae."

Harry often liked to read the message and hope that whoever it belonged to was happy. He began to read when not long after, Neville knocked on the door asking to sit with him. He had a catus like plant in his arms. As he and Harry talked, Harry discovered it was from his grandmother for his birthday.

Neville and Harry had begun to talk about Quidditch when the others arrived and the conversation started once more. Harry's mind was spinning with thoughts and worries about Voldemort and what this year would bring. Placing his book down, he turned to look out the window deep in thought, watching the rain hit the windows.

Astraea's pov

The sun was beginning to set when Astraea was about to leave her campsite. Rich oranges and vibrant pinks filled the sky; wisps of clouds were a light purple and covered the sky. In the Eastern part of the sky, it was already dark meaning the stars could be seen. Being in the middle of nowhere, the sky was clear of pollution meaning thousands of glittering stars shone brightly. The moon was a thin slither as if it was drawn on with the finest paint brush. As Astraea looked up, she noticed a constellation which she adored- Virgo.

Although Astraea didn't have many happy memories of her childhood, the ones that were she cherished them. Including one memory of her looking out her window and staring to the stars. She talked to them as if they could hear her. Wishing they could take her away like in the myths and legends that were inspired by the stars.

A small chirp sounded which pulled Astraea out of her thoughts. Suki sat at her feet with a eager look on her face, her tail was wagged like an excited puppy. "Oh this is a mistake. We can't go, I shouldn't of agreed to go," Astraea muttered, shaking her head and sat down on the ground. Suki was not happy by this news and started yapping angrily at her.

"Don't use that language with me! I'm not going- end of!" She shouted as if she knew what the little dragon had said. Glaring at Astraea, Suki let out an annoyed huff with smoke coming out her nostrils.

"I don't know what you're getting annoyed at, it doesn't affect you!" She shouted glaring back at the dragon. The two then went silent as they began to have a staring contest.

Meanwhile in the afterlife...

"Right people lets do bets on who will win!" Said James eagerly with a quill and a notebook in hand.

"Are you seriously betting on a dragon and a girl having a staring contest?" Lily said with an exasperated look on her face.

"Yes!" Everyone chorused. With that she rolled her eyes and began to question her life's choices. Within the living room of the afterlife's version of Potter manor, sat many people. James Potter, Lily Potter, Regulus Black, Marlene McKinnon, Docras Meadowes, Cassiopeia Black and a young boy around 16 called Jack Taylor. While Lily sat watching her friends and husband being idiots, Regulus sat in the bay window reading an old book.