The dead gang's entertainment

Harry's pov

The Sun was barely rising and Harry was already awake. His mind had been busy thinking about everything going on. For the past 30 minutes, he had been writing a letter to his Godfather explaining what was going on- leaving out the blood quill part. Satisfied with what he had written, Harry sealed the envelope and stood up from his desk trying to be silent.

The letter read,

Dear Snuffles,

School is terrible at the moment. What we talked about before I left happened again so you know. You've probably heard about the new Defense against the dark arts teacher Professor Umbridge. She is nearly as nice as your mom. She won't let us do any magic at all in class which is idiotic.

Also do you know anything about the Emerald witch? You know the one that was in the daily prophet a few weeks ago. She's at Hogwarts now and she seems interesting. I mean when I talk to her it feels weird. And she said she believes me and that I don't deserve what's happening to me. I think Emerald is simply an ally but it feels more than that.

Also we are missing our big friend here.

From Harry.

Making sure not to step on any creaky floorboards, Harry tiptoed to the door and began to walk to the owlery.

As it was early in the morning, many different bird songs could be heard. Some colourful, some deeper songs which were probably from the owls flying by or the pigeons within the pine trees. The sky was a bright pink meaning it would be a sunny day. Specks of light blue were dotted in between the bubblegum pink clouds which reminded him of cotton candy.

Cautiously, Harry climbed the stairs towards the owlery and walked inside. The floor was caked in a mixture of owl droppings and dead animal bones which gave a loud crack when stepped on. Streams of light entered through the gaps in the rock, illuminating the circular room.

As he scanned the nests, a snowy white owl with black specks on lifted its head and looked downwards. A grin broke across Harry's face as he saw the owl ruffle its feathers and fly down onto his stretched out arm.

"Hiya Hedwig," Harry cooed, stroking the bird's feathers. A quiet hoot came as a gentle response back.

"I've got a letter, ok?" He placed Hedwig down so he could tie the letter to its leg. "I know it says snuffles on the front but it's for Sirius. Got it?" Harry told the owl as if it were a human. Hedwig flew off his arm and left the owlery.

Just as Harry was about to leave, Cho entered the owlery. A deep blush entered his face along with his ears too. Without even talking to her, he became a mess.

"Oh my god. You Potter boys are horrific when it comes to girls you like!" Cass smirked at James who stuck his tongue out. Despite it being early, most of the dead were gathered at Jily's house. Sleep and time doesn't really exist in the afterlife.

"Hey, do you remember when James first met Lily?" Marlene laughed, trying to embarrass James even more.

"Yeah," Cass snorted as she mimicked the faces that James had pulled that day. "And remember, um Slughorn's party in sixth year. It was dead silent for a solid ten minutes before his brain started to work again," she continued to laugh until she glanced at James's face- it only made it worse.

Now everyone had started laughing, including those who had never seen these moments but could imagine how it looked.

"Oh come on," James looked slightly offended even though he knew they were right. "What is it, 'Attack James day' or something?" he waved his arms, trying to make them stop.