t w e n t y o n e

"I'm home!"

Marilyn received no response, even after he gently kicked the door closed behind Dante and toed off his shoes in the entryway. A bit strange, but with the other alpha at his tail, Marilyn decided to shrug it off. His father is a grown man, he can do his own things. Instead he led the other up the stairs and into his bedroom like before, tossing his bag in the corner.

"We should be able to, like, actually get somewhere this time since everyone's busy," he commented idly to his silent companion as he grabbed his designated house hoodie and a pair of pajama pants that had been tossed to the floor, preparing to change. He'd just pulled his shift over his head and started on his pants when he remembered that he wasn't with his usual company. That he should probably warn Dante before he just started stripping in the middle of the room.

"Are you cool if I change in here, or would you prefer if I went to the bathroom or something?"

"S'your house. Feel free."

Marilyn turned to look at the other alpha, about to ask if he was sure he didn't mind, but the words died in his throat. Dante was already looking at him. Watching him with an expression Marilyn couldn't identify, leaning back in the desk chair he had pushed beside the bed once again, sketchbook already out and on his lap. Marilyn didn't know if Dante just wasn't looking before or if he himself was oblivious; now that he was aware, he could practically feel the others gaze on him like a physical sensation. The feeling of being observed so closely, inspected, made Marilyn want to squirm. Instead, he gave the alpha his back and resumed changing, fumbling slightly with the button of his jeans.

As he kicked off aforementioned jeans and tugging on the sleep pants, he couldn't help but idly thank the gods that he'd worn regular boxers today as opposed to his-

Well. Anyway.

Once changed, he unceremoniously threw himself onto his bed, wiggling up to pop himself against the pillows lining the headboard. His switch was among them this time, thankfully, and he pulled it onto his lap, powering it up with one hand while he used the other to navigate to spotify and put on a random playlist of lofi beats to fill the silence. Then he put his phone beside his legs, face down, and settled back further into the pillows as Minecraft began to load.

"Good?" Dante asked, sketchbook at the ready, balanced on his knee.

"Yeah I'm good, do your thing."

+++

On second thought, Marilyn was not good. Minecraft is all good and fun, sure, but Marilyn has the attention span of a goldfish- it was never going to be enough to keep his occupied for the whole afternoon. He looked through the rest of the games in his library, but none of those caught his interest either. With a small sigh, he pushed the switch aside and traded it for his phone. The first thing he did was check the time. A mere 30 minutes had passed, though to him it'd felt like much longer. His phone games and the meager amount of social media apps he had downloaded were enough to capture his attention for 15 more minutes, but Marilyn quickly found himself growing bored again.

He knew of one thing that could keep his attention for hours on end, of course. Everyone had something, their one hobby that made time pass in the blink of an eye. However, that was absolutely not an option at present. The story - for Marilyn is an avid reader - had just gotten to the long awaited spicy scene. And Marilyn was very familiar with that particular author's work; to put it simply, he didn't want to make popping awkward boners around Dante turn into a habit, so the story would have to stay on hold in Marilyn had a moment of privacy.

"Hey," he said suddenly, as his idle screen tapping had led him to his notes app. "Do you wanna do more of those questions? We only did the very first one last time, and I'm bored as fuck right now."