t w e n t y t h r e e

As much as Marilyn wanted to skip school on Tuesday to avoid whatever consequence might be waiting to befall him for his actions the day before, he knew he couldn't. His absence would cause the school to call his parents and, most likely, tell them about the fight right then. At the very least, he wanted to be the one to break the news to them if necessary. At least then he could try to talk himself out of trouble.

Not that he would ever lie to his parents. Of course he wouldn't? What kind of deliquent do you take him to be? He'd just...make them see his side of the story. Whether his side is a bit more embellished than it needs to be is really no one elses concern.

But. Anyway.

By some insane stroke of luck, Tuesday passed without any indication that the administrative team even knew about the fight after school. Or the next day. Or the day after day. When the entire rest of the week passed without Marilyn getting called into the office, he assumed he was in the clear. He woke up late Saturday morning with the entire event wiped from his memory. The whole situation was firmly behind him.

Of course, that's when the universe decided to bite him in the ass.

He'd met up with Dante in the local park around 1pm, the other alpha deciding he needed a change of scenery for his project. They even stopped at a drive-thru on the way to grab a late lunch, at Marilyn's insistance. He pulled out the old blanket he kept in the truck for such excursions with Angel, setting it down at the base of the large maple tree that sat just off to the side of the park's entrance. It was like a little picnic.

Almost like a date, Marilyn thought idly before immediately tossing that thought aside. Definitely not the time for thoughts like that.

They got to enjoy a good half hour of peace at least, just enough time to finish their food, before they were interrupted.

3 alphas, who looked to be the same age as Marilyn and Dante but the former had never seen before, entered the park and, upon recognizing Dante, made an immediate b-line for them.

"Well, well, well. I didn't think you were still in town, Williams."

Dante, who had his back towards the entrace and therefore didn't see them approach, went still, charcole numb hovering above the page midstroke.

The other alpha scoffed loudly at Dante's prolonged silence before speaking again.

"I thought you would've learned your lesson after we got you kicked out of St. Joe's, but I guess you need a little refresher."

Abruptly, Dante closed his sketchbook and shoved it, along with the rest if the art supplies he'd spread over the blanket, back into his backpack. He shot a look at Marilyn, who quickly followed suit in grabbing their things. He had no idea who these guys were, but Dante clearly did and they were clearly bad news. He certainly had no objections to getting the hell out of there, ASAP.

The other alphas, however, had plenty of objections.

"Woah, where do you think you're goin?" said the one of the left, looking like he jumped stepped off a 2016 Tumblr blog. Like seriously, the giant beanie and flannel combo has long since died.

The alpha in the middle, the one who'd spoke initially, suddenly stepped forward and tore Dante's backpack from his lax grasp, tossing it to Duck Dynasty on his right, decked out in full camo complete with the Bass Pro Shop hat.

"Give my shit back, Joshua," Dante said tonelessly as he stood, Marilyn scrambling to follow suit. Sure he's not much of a fighter and Dante looks like he could hold himself without a doubt, but he still wouldn't let his friend get jumped.

"What are you gonna do if I don't, huh?" Joshua replied, stepping further into Dante's space until they were nose to nose. "Are you gonna fucking hit me or something, Williams?"

Marilyn felt rooted in place. His mind ran at a hundred miles an hour, but he couldn't even blink. Joshua, Hipster and Duck Dynasty were so eager for a brawl he could smell it, but nothing came from Dante. No anger, no nervousness, no fear. He looked entirely frozen, save for the way his fist clenched and unclenched at his sides. It couldn't have been more than a minute in this frozen state, but to Marilyn it felt like hours before Dante finally tried to push past Joshua to get to his bag.

While that moment felt like it lasted forever, the events that followed all seemed to happen in a flash.

Dante's shoulder collided with Joshua's as he shoved pass, and the other alpha swung.

At the same moment, Marilyn pulled his keychain from his back pocket and peppersprayed Hipster.

His shouts of pain distracted the other two long enough for Marilyn and Dante to snatch up their respective blanket and backpack and make a mad dash for Marilyn's car in the parking lot. Several shouts and two sets of heavy footsteps followed behind them but they had a decent enough head start to make it to Marilyn's car just in time to screech out of the parking lot with a pair of boots hitting the back windshield on their way out.

The ride back to Marilyn's house was tense to say the least.

Marilyn didn't unlock the doors when he parked haphazardly in the drive way. He simply turned the car off, heaved a heavy sigh, and turned in his seat to look at Dante.

"Soooooooo..."

But Dante had already unlocked his door and was halfway out of the car. Marilyn didn't even get a chance to respond to the halfhearted goodbye Dante tossed over his shoulder before he closed the door and took off at a jog down the sidewalk to his own home.

"...what the fuck was that?"

word count: 1006

A/N: its been SO LONG guys im SO SORRY but shit has been happening(tm) in my irl life. but here! a chapter! with DANTE drama this time!

im so sorry if this is bad. with everything happening i was totally sapped for ideas so when i got this i just wrote it all out in like two hours. i just felt like i left u guys hanging for way too long and i needed to do SOMETHING.

anyway tell me how u feel abt this chap. vote, comment ur brutally honest opinions, whatever. im gonna start plotting the next chap rn so hopefully it wont b as long of a wait for the next installment.

okok im done talking. until next time !

The Alpha's Secret {bxb}On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara