t w e n t y f o u r

Dante avoided him for the entire next week.

Marilyn couldn't decide if he was angry about it or just hurt. He just wanted to know what the hell  all of that was. Who were those guys? What did they mean when they said they got him kicked out of St. Joes? And why didn't Dante fight back? Sure they were outnumbered but neither of them are small guys. They certainly would have stood a chance. Hell, Dante barely even said anything. He didn't let Diane get up in his grill lkie that, and that douche was definitely being worse than her. So what the fuck?

But for the whole week, Dante sat as far from Marilyn as he could in two classes they shared. At lunch, he was off with whatever mysterious other friend he had that Zeke mentioned on his first day. After school he bypassed Marilyn waiting out front for him entirely. Every text went unanswered. Marilyn couldn't even catch his eye during that week. It began to feel as though he was the one who'd done something.

It felt like a break-up, he realized all of a sudden. It was Saturday again, and he was bored out of his mind, still in bed at 3 in the afternoon. His phone lay discarded on the carpet where he'd thrown it in a rage while reading.

A break-up. Which, obviously, was ridiculous. He and Dante weren't like that. They weren't close enough for him to have another one of those weird 'boohoo i've been rejected' pouting fits like he got with Angel. He and Dante were barely friends, and had only known of each other's existence for a handful of weeks.

But why, then, did Marilyn seem to feel the other alpha's absence so acutely?

He heaved a long, heavy sigh (he seemed to be sighing a lot these days) and let himself slide bonelessly off the bed to pick up his phone again.

If his brain decided to process this....silent treatment from Dante as a break-up, then Marilyn would deal with it like one. And how did that one saying go?

Oh, yeah. The best way to get over one person, is to get under someone else.

+++

The club wasn't too packed, which was rather unusual for a Saturday. Then again, Marilyn had come far earlier than he usually did, eager to find someone to help take his mind off of the situation with Dante.

It became abundantly clear within the first hour, however, that Marilyn clearly hadn't thought out his plan very well.

All throughout his patronage at this particular club, he'd never actually come alone. Angel was always with him, would help him choose an alpha for the night, and most importantly, was always close by in case something went awry. But tonight, Angel had no idea Marilyn was here. In fact, no one did: his family thinks he's at Angel's house.

It's this realization that has him halfway hiding in the shadowed corners of the club, clutching his phone. What if something were to go awry this once, when no one knows his location?

Mind racing, imagining one catastrophe after another, plotting increasingly outlandish plans of escape, Marilyn is entirely oblivious to the man approaching him. He didnt even feel the strangers lecherous gaze as it traced his body head to toe. It was only when he actually spoke up that Marilyn was snapped from his ever-spiraling thoughts of an untimely demise.

"You look loney, hiding away in this corner."

He was about the same height as Marilyn, handsome in a very boring way. Perfect fair skin, perfectly groomed brown hair, perfectly white teeth, perfect green eyes. Under normal circumstances, Marilyn wouldnt have given him a second glance. But, obviously, these arent regular circumstances. He lowered his phone, but didnt quite pocket it yet, in case this guy turned out to not be worth his attention.

"Maybe I am. You offering to keep me company or something?"

The stranger grinned wickedly, stepping closer into Marilyns space as he lowered his voice into what he clearly assumed to be a seductive tone. However, whatever he said flew over Marilyns head as the sudden movement allowed Marilyn the briefest look right through the crowd, to the bar.

The bar where Dante was standing. And, as though he could fate herself willed it, Dante looked in Marilyns direction at the same time. They locked eyes for a fraction of a second before the crowd between them shifted again and caused them both to lose sight of one another.

"-drink before we head back to my room," the brunette was saying when Marilyn finally tuned back in. The other man had a finger hooked in the belt loop of the tight shorts Marilyn wore to make his ass really stand out, as was attempting to pull him towards the bar, but Marilyn stopped him by covering the strangers hand with his own. He stared into those boring green eyes and summoned his best, coy grin, his hand traveling up the strangers wrist, over his shoulder, and down his chest.

"I dont drink. Why dont we head straight back?"

Perhaps he seemed a bit overeager, but the other man clearly didnt mind as he began leading Marilyn down a discreet hallway hidden away, leading to the rentable rooms reserved for paying V.I.P members. Marilyn fought the urge to look back over his shoulder to try to spot Dante in the crowd once again. Hed nearly accomplished his goal anyway; thinking about the Dante could wait until after Marilyn was well-fucked and no longer sad.

Well. Hopefully hed be well-fucked.

word count: 940

A/N: I hope this shit isn't as bad as I feel like it is. feel free 2 hate in the comments tho. got a new laptop so hopefully i'll be writing a lot more. uh happy new years n allat. okay bye

edit (1/14): so nobody ws gon tell me the dialogue aint have no quotation marks? ts wasnt hard 2 read? yall so fake smh