Me neither

Taehyung and Jungkook were on their way back home. Tae decided to go back with kook as they were going to the same place. Throughout the ride, kook was silent, only looking outside the window at the passing city, forest coming into view.

He tends to do that whenever he's thinking according to reliable sources (Taehyung).
"What are you thinking?"
The blonde next to him decided to ask.

"I was thinking about what Lisa said."
"I know right, even I thought about it."
What? Jungkook can't believe even Taehyung had the same thought, he's not that of a deep thinker.

"I mean she sounded so sure about the new guy, it's been only two months. And that too after those failed relationships."
Ohh, definitely not the same thought.
Jungkook rolled his eyes but said softly, "Tae, stop judging!"

"I was joking. I just wish her a happy life." He said smiling.
In moments like these, Taehyung looks so innocent, like someone who cares.

"She was wrong about something."
"She was indeed wrong. Just because two people are mates doesn't mean they can be happy at all times, duh!"

"I was thinking of something else." He looked at the blonde who was waiting for him to speak. "Will you answer me honestly?"
"What is it?"
"If you had a chance to have someone else as a mate, would you have?"

The question took back Taehyung, he never really thought of such a thing. Is Jungkook really implying what he's thinking?
"Would I have what?"

"Would you have used it?" Jungkook was speaking it like a normal question, but they were both aware of the tension in the car. "Mated with someone else? You know be someone else's mate." The last words felt heavy on his tongue, his wolf reacted to it immediately, making a bitterness spread in his mouth.

"Jungkook." Taehyung can feel the distress of the others wolf, he was getting anxious.
"It's not possible, you know it." He didn't want to anger the wolf by choosing wrong words.

"But what if? What if, one day our elders reveal to us that we can get another chance, to change our fate, to choose someone else as a mate."
"Why would I let go of such a rich mate?" Taehyung said making them both chuckle.

"Forget that I asked, it's stupid." He said looking outside back again.

Taehyung didn't further pry into what made him talk like that, because he knows why. They don't have a normal relationship, I mean which mates don't allow them to love each other.

Jungkook got out of the car once it stopped, he looked tensed for some reason and Taehyung thinks he deserves to know the truth, even it takes his pride to say it, Jungkook needs to hear it after everything that happened.

"No."
Jungkook heard Taehyung speaking from behind, he turned around and asked, "What?"
"No, I would not choose someone else over you." This tone, his eyes, his expression, everything was genuine.

"Why?" Jungkook asked softly.

Why would he not? When the only problem that's coming between them is their job and the lack of trust, than why? Why won't Taehyung be with someone else who wouldn't loose his trust from the beginning. Someone who'll be ready to give up everything for him, for his love, even his job. Something Jungkook will never do.

It was a vulnerable moment for them, they were finally talking about something with complete maturity about their bond, about something they are not at all ready to accept. Their voices got down, their eyes were watery from the thousands of thoughts running inside their mind. All because of their bond, how tired they are of the questions they keep on asking themselves.

"Because you're hot, sexy, powerful, the only person who can tolerate my comments, the only who can handle my personality and the only one who never gave up on me even after everything I did and still do."

"Thankyou."

Before everything gets turned into an emotional scene, Taehyung needs to go away from it.
"I've to meet with Jimin, you go ahead."
It was after midnight, Jimin must be snoring in his mates embrace and Jungkook knows it too but he understands.

He wished Goodnight to Tae and before he left, "By the way, Blonde looks hot on you." He said winking than walking to the house.

Taehyung felt blush creeping up his cheeks even after hearing it. He ignored it and moved to rest in his wolf form in the woods, something he enjoys doing.

He wanted to ask the other the same question but it would be stupid, considering he already knows the answer. It took sometime to make his heartbeat calm, he spoke something he would normally never do. He took a step ahead, which was scaring him. Did he do the right thing? Who knows.

But one thing he knows, looking at Kook's face, feeling his wolfs stress, he knew he needed to answer him, that's what he thought at that moment and acted accordingly. Okay stop thinking too much, everything is going to be fine.

In fact What a day he had! With all the fake smile and pretending to like chatting with so many humans, he was so tired and sleep overtook him as soon as he left the grass tickling his fur.

___________________________________

I know it's a short chapter. I wanted to start the next part from a new chapter so I had to keep this one short.

Anyways, I hope you guys are enjoying reading this book. As I already said, some might've confusion about the nature of Taehyung and Jungkook. Their characters are matured according to the experiences they had, which are yet for you guys to know.

So wait for it. Don't judge any of them biased, they're right at their own thoughts.

Again, Thankyou for reading!