Part 2 - Kiss 😘

Continue from the previous part

💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗

Kanwar - So, Alice, besides your love for the city and the movie... Is there anything else that brings you to California?

She sighs and gaze across the river.

Alice - If I'm being honest... My fiance left me at the altar.

Kanwar - You're kidding.

Alice - I wish I was.

She sighs at Kanwar's response, beginning to feel slightly embarrassed.

Kanwar - I'm sorry for asking, if you don't want to talk about it-

Alice - No, it's fine. I had doubts leading up to the wedding day as it was. I just never expected him to declare his love for another woman while I'm standing there in front of our family and friends.

Kanwar - He did it at the alter?

Alice - Sure did. He knew how much it meant to me, getting married, having our honeymoon here, having a family... And he still chose to do all of that on our wedding day. It still hurts to talk about... mostly because... I'm still trying to process it. It all just feels like a bad dream.

Kanwar - Give yourself time. You don't just get over things like that.

Alice (thinking) - Sounds like he's speaking from experience.

Alice - I think I would be able to process it better if I could understand why he did it when he did.

Kanwar - You deserve better than what that jerk could have offered you.

Alice - You think so?

Kanwar - Of course I do, you should too. I know we have only known each other for a few hours, but believe me when I say you are an incredible woman. Trust me, time is all you need to process what happened.

Alice - You sound as if you know what I'm talking about.

Kanwar - I'd be lying if I said I haven't had my share of trying to understand how someone who loves you could leave and hurt you.

Alice - I'm sorry, Kanwar. We've had an amazing day and I'm putting a damper on it.

Kanwar - Don't be. I believe that life is still on track when you feel like it isn't. It's just because the original destination was wrong and you are steering away from it.

She looks out over the river, contemplating Kanwar's words.

Alice (thinking) - Vikky never said things like this to me, it was always about him and what he wanted. I feel like he already knows me so well.

Alice - Honestly, you're right. I feel like if I came here with him, I wouldn't have had as good of a time. He never did appreciate my love for this city.

Kanwar - And more importantly, you wouldn't have met the best tour guide California has to offer.

She chuckles as Kanwar gives her a cheeky look.

Kanwar - I know what you're going through right now, Alice. I don't want to be forward, but I would hate myself if I didn't at least try. Do you mind if I kiss you?

She can't hide the smile that spreads across her face and the giggle that escapes.

Alice - Oh god, you really are bad at this.

Kanwar chuckles in slight embarrassment.

Kanwar - I was hoping I'd somewhat improved over our time together.